Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Swap center jump seat for center console?

15K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  john galt 
#1 ·
What all is involved? I'd like the storage of a the center console. How tall are the consoles though? I obviously wouldn't have arm rests on my seats.

#2 ·
They are short, not high enough to rest your elbow on.

So you'd be giving up comfort for storage space...

You're call, but I'd keep the jumpseat.

#3 ·
Yeah hmmm I think you are right.

Reactions: john galt
#4 ·
Negative, I'm contemplating doing the same thing. There's a few companies that have small safes that fit in the center console. I'd like to be able to keep my gun in there locked up safe and sound.

#5 ·
I removed my center seat for a console. What I did was used the seat brackets and small pieces of ¾ ply wood to mount the console on and if it still low add another pieces of ¾ ply. I also mounted an AMP under it works great and I added glove box switch and leds inside it

Reactions: john galt
#6 ·
I want to swap jumpseat for console as well. So finally got a hold of a nice condition console that matches the my interior.

What is the normal mounting for these? Are there bolt holes in the cab floor under the carpet that lineup with the holes in the console? Mounting it with the same configuration as the jumpseat isn't making sense to me. :tard:

It seems to be form fitted to the cab floor. Anyone familiar with this? Is the cab harness standard in all of the cabs? (console has a harness). I am hoping there is a plug under the carpet that will mate with the console. Thanks for any advice. :nod:

Attachments

#11 ·
I think when i replaced my carpet there were holes under there for the console. seems i heard there are brackets that mount the console to the same holes for the jump seat. not sure where i read that probably here someplace. I agree on the console is too low I was going to make a safe that mounts into the bottom part of the jump seat. i am ALWAYS leaning on the console of the jump seat and like the option of extra seating in "emergencies"

#7 ·
I've done it. The holes in the floor are already there. Had my welder tig up some nuts and mounted the console. As everyone already said, it sucks, arm rest is way too low. Ditched the center console and had one built in it's place that holds my down-firing sub in it's place. Haven't looked back since.

BTW, you can also buy a 2008-2010 center console that attaches tot he seat mounts and that is designed to work as an arm-rest. I just wanted a sub in mine so i went custom route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.