OFFICIAL: REAR BENCH VS. BUCKETS THREAD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OFFICIAL: REAR BENCH VS. BUCKETS THREAD

hey guys i have a king ranch with factory rear bench, and although its very nice i want to get the bucket seats. now im hoping other users can chime in here with thoughts on the buckets (im pretty we all know what a bench is like) and hopefully some guys can chime in that have done the swap on what was required and how the bolting situation worked out. im going to be removing my bench next days off and test fitting one of my front captains in the rear and seeing what it will be like as i have a source on some front seats and on the factory rear buckets for the same price. so i will be doing my own little write up. come on guys whats the pros and cons of each style? ill update this first post as info comes in. steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know I'm in the wrong section (I have a 6.4) but I have buckets. 85% of the time they are awesome. No one clammers for shotgun and everyone is always super comfortable. You lose a little legroom in back but you have days of it to begin with (I have yet to hear someone complain about legroom).

However there are a few downsides. I can't load hardly anything in the truck. I don't want to scratch seats and there just plain isn't room across the floor for anything to sit flat. If there are more than 4 people we can't take my truck. And my dog is 100% relegated to the bed of the truck because I can't very well put a 60lb 7 month old puppy on seats (the bench I could put up and he could have the floor and I wouldn't worry).

Other than those it's like having a land yacht. It's awesome for road trips.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 AM

Found king ranch rear buckets going to be doing up the swap info, anyone have any tips or tricks on how to remove and install seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
I know I'm in the wrong section (I have a 6.4) but I have buckets. 85% of the time they are awesome. No one clammers for shotgun and everyone is always super comfortable. You lose a little legroom in back but you have days of it to begin with (I have yet to hear someone complain about legroom).

However there are a few downsides. I can't load hardly anything in the truck. I don't want to scratch seats and there just plain isn't room across the floor for anything to sit flat. If there are more than 4 people we can't take my truck. And my dog is 100% relegated to the bed of the truck because I can't very well put a 60lb 7 month old puppy on seats (the bench I could put up and he could have the floor and I wouldn't worry).

Other than those it's like having a land yacht. It's awesome for road trips.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
+1, the rear bucket in my opinion are also alot better looking and the center console/cupholders for the rear are awesome and anyone that has ever sat in the backseat has always complimented how comfortable and cool they look and they love having the center console for their drinks and to use as an arm rest as well. It really makes it luxury and takes away from that work-horse crew cab look. I also have to agree it does get in the way of putting anything in the backseat and losing the fold-down storage area.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM

Now both you mentions this "makes putting stuff in the backseat hard"

I don't understand this logic, you bought a truck... put your sh1t in the box. Don't want it to get wet buy a tonneau, don't want it to break buy a pelican case to put back there and put stuff in it. You didn't buy a Honda civic hatchback, you don't have to cram stuff into the backseat anymore, and really why would you want to?

One question I have is there is a tray with my jack and what not behind my bench right now, does that stay in there with the buckets or does it come out?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6L View Post
Now both you mentions this "makes putting stuff in the backseat hard"

I don't understand this logic, you bought a truck... put your sh1t in the box. Don't want it to get wet buy a tonneau, don't want it to break buy a pelican case to put back there and put stuff in it. You didn't buy a Honda civic hatchback, you don't have to cram stuff into the backseat anymore, and really why would you want to?

One question I have is there is a tray with my jack and what not behind my bench right now, does that stay in there with the buckets or does it come out?

I have the tonneau cover. Just for example i dropped 2 people off at the airport last month and didnt want their luggage rolling around in the bed and conveniently wanted to be able to take it out when i dropped them off without opening the cover and reaching over the side of the bed to grab it especially if it slid all the way to the front of the bed which is also sometimes with the tonneau cover angle.

As for the tray that also is a ***** getting to. The backs of the seats dont have any give as far as folding them up a bit to get anything from that jack storage space. I keep a small 50ct ratchet set back there and its a pain having to squeeze your hand back there to slide it out.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Ever heard of a bungee cord or a tie down strap? Takes 5 seconds put a tie down through the handle and strap it to your rear tie down straps.

So you made your passenger sit in the back with luggage probs scratching your seats not luxury to me. Defeats the whole purpose of having a luxury pickup I think

Old 10-18-2012, 11:26 PM

I have a dog and I removed the buckets because of it. It also kinda sucked being able to only fit four people in a huge truck but it looked cool and was comfortable for those back there.

I remember there being a frame that went between the cab floor and the seats, the seats and console were bolted to that one piece frame. The seats themselves will bolt into each corner but there is nothing for the middle posts to bolt to without the frame, I think. The bolts that hold the frame in are the same ones currently holding your bench in. It's pretty straight forward once you get in there.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 AM

well im really looking forward to my days off now as this guy wants to swap and only lives 10 minutes from my house, told him to swing on by for some beers and we can do the swap. will take some good pictures of each so everyone can see the difference and how to
Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 AM

Love my buckets I only have one kid so not like its killing me for room but would be nice to fit a extra person every ounce in a wile but I don't think I could get rid of my buckets just for that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.