04 F350 CC sub box dimensions & install (in progress) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04 F350 CC sub box dimensions & install (in progress)

I installed the deck last week, it's a really nice deck. The font folds down so you can put your phone or mp3 player in there so you don't have any hanging chords. It also does Bluetooth hands free and audio streaming.
Sony DSX310BTX

Subs are 2 Kicker CVT10s 4ohms wired at 2ohms
400watts RMS each 800 watts max each

The amp is an apsm-1500, it's a good budget amp that can be had for less than $120 from vminnovations with the (facebook) coupon code for an extra %5 off. It's will put out rated power, clean at that.

I was thinking about buying a box but I wanted to save some money and make the box fit the way I want it too. The subs will have enough space from the back seat so they can really flex. I also wanted to keep both rear vents so a little improvisation was needed. I also removed the back panels from the back seats so there wouldn't be anything limiting the subs. The seats still seem the same even with the back panels removed.

I'll find out the final air space when its all done but it should be north of 1sqft and yes I will be putting some "poly fill"

Test fit

glued and nailed

Cutting for the vents

We ended up just squaring them off, it was getting late and...well you know the rest...

We also goffed up on the front panel. We wanted to have the top and bottom plates on top of the front panel but we screwed up on the length and didn't have enough to cut a solid peace and well it was getting late and... haha may have not been the best way but it was okay.

Last edited by xpbprox; 08-11-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Should finish it up tomorrow night once I finish putting in the rear suspension for this bad boy! Then you will see how I plan of finishing up the vents

Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 PM

Well we didn't get a chance to completely finish the box but it's looking real good

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.