Engine monitors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine monitors

I just bought a 06 ford f 250 6.0 I am looking for a engine monitoring system for my truck I want to monitor the fuel pressure volts trams temp and the pyro temps pretty much everything I can I was looking at the edge cts and cs will this monitor do everything I want and what all do I need to get what I want thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited by tigger19; 08-06-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
yes it will monitor those parameters but you have to have the EAS for them and the EGT probe as well as a fuel pressure sensor sending unit for the cs/cts or any other monitor or gauge setup you choose to go with.

You need to monitor the EOT,ECT,FP,EGT more so than anything else.

If you have an iPhone,iPod touch, or an iPad you can get the dashboss monitoring system for $180 without the EGT setup and it will monitor everything that the PCM in the truck will monitor and if you want to monitor the EGT's and FP then you can add on to the system.

The same capabilities with the edge insight cts will run you around $600 after the EAS plus the FP sending unit and EGT probe.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 AM

So can u monitor the icp and all the same stuff as the edge with the dash boss
Old 08-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yes 10 char
Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
The Silent Service

I recommend you start reading the Monitoring thread sticky in the General 6.0L section, its also linked in my sig.

I really like the Edge Insight CS in my truck, the CTS has a couple of extra features I didn't require.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM

I been reading the monitoring page in te general discussion and what is the pros and cons between the dash boss and the edge cts cs I have always been told u get what u pay for just tying to spend my money and get what will work best for the truck and not be a a head ace if u guys would give me your opinion and what run run on your truck what u like dislike so so forth please thanks guys
Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM
The Silent Service

I like the Insight CS, though I augment it with Autometer gauges for a few extras it can be set up to monitor everything a 6.0L needs to. Easy to set up and install, easy to read 8 PIDs at one time.

I find the Dash Boss's reliance on another device a liability, as with wireless communications with the truck. 20 PIDs, can easily lead to information overload, it doesn't need to be that complicated.

The ScangaugeII is simply too basic, and requires a little knowledge and adjustment to get it to watch what you want it to.

I like the look of aftermarket gauges, but its too expensive to run a full setup, and you won't be able to monitor FICM voltage, or pull DTCs like the Insight.

Is that the level of feedback you are looking for tigger19?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 AM

That is exactly what I am looking for so pretty much the best bet would be the edge monitor for reliability. Which is what I am looking for I don't want somthing that tell me somthing and it be wrong because of overload or it freezes up I hope I can get a few more responses so I can truly make a good judgement call money not the issue I want something that I can relie on and be easie to operate and tell me the correct info when I need it thanks for the reply I have already gotten
Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 AM

I just ordered both, CTS and CS. I'll return the one I like the least. I'm leaning towards the CS but want to see if the CTS is really $100 better.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

For what it's worth, I would abandon either of those. I use a Kiwi OBD2 to BT adapter and Torque on my phones and tablet to do logging. I can log anything that the OBD and CAN monitor, as well as I have the portability and future-proofing of always being able to update the software or use other software options, as well as I can take the reader and adapter to my other vehicles if/when I want or need to. Plus, I can log everything to CSV or KML files with GPS data so I can track not only what happens on a trip but where. It even got me out of a ticket once because I was able to prove that I wasn't speeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.