Putting in a sound system in a 05 crew cab - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Putting in a sound system in a 05 crew cab

So i've pretty much have all of my performance parts i want done, done to it. Injectors, studs, tune, ect ect. Now it's time for inside, who has done a complete sound system that sounds amazing? I need some ideas and help with putting in a sub(s). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
i kept my factory head unit. ( I hate aftermarket radios) but this is my setup. horrible picture i know. 2 kicker comp 8" shallow subs and a 1000w amp. did pioneer 5x8's in the door. it ROCKS!!!! And sounds great. i wouldn't go more then the amount of sub i had otherwise it just doesn't sound good. but it depends on what you like. only have about $300 in my whole system
Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ive got a kicker solo baric(the square 12") built into a custom box (the whole inside of the box is fiberglassed and molded to match the floor contore) that sits on the floor in the back. it almost makes it like 2 captains chairs in the back, but its a bench seat. lol and ken wood speakers in the front doors and in the rear. with a walmart pioneer tv. I have a 700w bazooka amp with a 1 farid cap. pushing the sub. its loud. I like it and the sub box makes turning the back seat into a bed pretty easy. it works well for road trips.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have 2 12s cross fires db3 series they bump and I'm running a Jensen 1050. But I am going to upgrade to two Memphis 12s their the hardest hitting sub I can get that will fit in behind my back seat. You can either go with Memphis being the hardest hitting subs right with Rockford fosgates. Or you can go with JL audios that bump but is very clean for any type of music you like going any where from country to rap to rock.

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free
Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I went with a JL audio stealthbox, and amp. Kinda pricy but the fit and sound is great. Heres a link to it

Finished the Audio System
Old 08-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've got a pioneer avicz 140bh head unit, focal krx2 compenents front and back driven by an alpine 400 watt 4 channel amp, 2 12"mb quart shallows driven by a kicker zx750.1 amp. Sounds great! I will eventually switch to 2 jl audio shallow mounts though. I bought my focal speakers off ebay brand new for less than half of retail. They came from Malaysaia though. lol. They sound amazing! Deffinately worth the 3 weeks it took to get here from overseas.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

Pioneer avh-3300bt, JL 900/5, JL 13TW5 in a spk2l box, Hybrid Audio Imagines in the doors and the rears, three layers of second skin damplifier pro on the rear deck, all four doors dynamated/second skin on the door skin and on the interior door frame. Sounds amazing. Hardly any road noise and zero vibrations or rattling.

-Guy
Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 PM

Most factory radios are junk.

I have the following in my F250:

Alpine W505 double-din DVD touch screen head unit w/ steering wheel control adapter, rear view camera, video bypass, etc
Sirius
HD Radio
Two iPod hookups (both iPods controlled through touch screen)
Alpine 250BT Bluetooth system
Alpine NVE-872A CD navigation
Alpine PXA-H701 digital processor
JL Audio HD750/1 amp (for sub)
Two JL Audio HD600/4 amps (for mids and highs)
Alpine Type R 15" sub in a custom ported 3 cubic foot box that I designed to replace the center console/jump seat (being built right now)
JL Audio ZR800-CW 8" midbass drivers custom fit into pods in front doors (the pods are being built right now)
JL Audio ZR 6.5" components up front in Q-form kick panels
JL Audio C3 5x7 coaxials in the rear
tons of Stinger Roadkill on the rear panel, floor, doors, etc
Dynamat hoodliner
Stinger and JL wiring

I can hardly wait to get the midbass pods and sub box back in. I know it's going to rock. I originally had a JL Audio Stealhbox with one of the 13TW5 shallow subs, and it sounded pretty good, but just wasn't enough output for me. I'm used to my Explorer with 2 Type R 15s in a 7 cube ported box with a JL HD 750/1 pushing each sub. I like it LOUD and clean.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM

I have boston acoustics in the doors, powered by a rockford 400.4, and right now a single rockford 12'' p3 by a 1700.1 (will soon be two 12's). all by a alpine deck. Im happy with it. I didnt wanna drop a bunch of money, but something better than stock.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had jl audio 10 Boston components in the doors jk amp and a Kenwood dnx 7100 with built in garmin nav in my old 7.3 I loved it the Kenwood was my favorite no cd for navigation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.