Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sub Feedback Issue

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  bwmtnbiker 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is where i should post this...

This weekend i did a little sound upgrade, didn't want anything obnoxious.

I did a 1k watt amp(over kill :rofl:) , and 2 8" kickers behind my back seat( W tweeters). running my factory radio (well actually a Mach 300) same thing.

Anyway im getting this weird feedback issue.

(sounds like this)

any ideas? I need to take some pics tomorrow

#2 ·
reground your cb and your radio will probly take care of it.

#3 ·
i could never get my cb to quit doing it. i no longer have a cb anyway. are you thinking its a ground issue with the amp?

#4 ·
Bump.

Sent from my iPhone

#5 ·
Did you run all wires together? As in your main power cable next to the RCA cables? Is so that's probably your feedback. The main cable and remote wire need to run together while the RCA cables need to run at least 12 inches away from the others. The current running through your power wires is picked up through the RCAs and heard as feedback in the speaks.

#6 ·
that makes sense. tomorrow morning ill run my RCA's on the opposite side of the truck. give that a try

#8 ·
This was the problem

Moved it to the other side of the truck. Sounds so much better. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

#10 ·
Bingo!

That's what the problem was on my Mustang a while back, always keep audio/data separate from power :nod:

Glad its working though.

#11 ·
It's strange. I've done a few other stereo Installs on my buddy's trucks and never had this issue. I always run the wires there. Maybe it's cheap wiring. All of theirs we used expensive wiring, amps ect... Who knows

Sent from my iPhone

#12 ·
Yeah that is a possibly. What is the size different in the amp wire that you used versus the amp wire they used? When I did my mustang I used 0/1 gauge wire and if the RCA got anywhere close to it I would get feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.