leather seats in xlt - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
leather seats in xlt

I've been wanting to swap out my cloth seats for awhile, for some reason mine are not comfortable at all plus the truck was a farm truck before I bought it and the seats are stained pretty badly (to me anyway). I've been watching ebay but just couldn't justify the $ to do it. I found a 40/20/40 seat in TX, grey leather, electric, not sure on heated or not, for $650 shipped. I think it sounds like a great deal, what do y'all think? Thx. Coach

Last edited by Coach73; 06-16-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: added more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
$650 is a pretty good deal assuming the leather is in good condition. I have been wanting to go this route as well, but prefer the center console and captain's chairs. See if you can get some pics.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 AM

Yea he is supposed to send me pics today and I would also prefer the captain's chairs with console but I've been looking almost a year and haven't found squat I could afford. If this seat looks good I'll go ahead and get it. Then I'll have to find a rear seat to match. Coach
Old 06-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The best part is everything bolts up and plugs up, heated or not! I did this conversion but I have the tan seats, and captian chairs. I got my 2006 crate motor and whole lariat conversion (seats, door panels, and console) for 2500 out of houston! But I also live around San Antonio, so not too bad of a drive! Yours sounds like a killer deal though!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 PM

Well he didn't send any pics today, maybe Monday? Coach
Old 06-25-2012, 06:46 PM

No pics and I lost his number, oh well. I'm still looking. Coach
Old 06-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sorry to hear that, buddy. Keep looking and keep us posted.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would like to swap a 40/20/40 bench in to the front of my Limited Excursion down the road. I just haven't figured out how to deal with the radio controls on the back of the center console. May be something I look more in to in the future. Keep us posted on your swap. Good luck finding what you want.

Cheers,

Brew
Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Premium Member

Doing this now have the back in they bolted right up have the front out but looks like the wiring is diffrent?The truck is a 05 XLT with no power seats and am putting in power seats from a 04 Lariat.Trying to get the wiring from the 04 to add to the 05 harrness.If this works will post how I did it as want to use the plugs going to the fuse panel from the 05 to the 04.Already did the dash and door panel swap was easy enough this is taking a bit of time though,if I have to will just swap the base for now as need the truck by friday for about 2 weeks.If it works out will post here again just that me and wiring are not to compatable put persaverance of wanting leather and power seats will win .
Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Premium Member

OK the seat for drivers is now power and leather along with centre console.The wiring did not go so well.After robbing the wires for the seat harness and pluging into same plugs in the fuse box (backside) no go.What I did instead was tap into the green wire on old harness (left it in place) and tied that to the green on the 04 seat.have ahead,back & down on 4-way button,up front & down,and up & down on back side,The only button that don"t work is the up for the front of the seat on the forward back button.If that makes any sense just cause I had a donor truck thought maybe the harrness was to the same plugs on fuse box but no-go.The pass side havent put in yet as the truck was rolled and seat is bent so might just leave it manual and swap out the leather covers cause I never sit on that side.In short if you just tap the green wire on the old harness most everything works.The heated seat light comes on but ios sticky and never left it on long enough to see if it works.Just thought I would throw it out there that the rewiring can be a pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.