My subwoofer box idea for deeper subs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My subwoofer box idea for deeper subs

I had this big ol box sitting on my back bench of my truck sliding around all the time. Well that got old real quick. I love the way those sub-woofers sound so I did not want to sell them but I couldn't mount them under the seat because they were to deep. I couldn't find brackets to lift the seat for a reasonable price so I decided to make a trip to Lowes. I lifted the seat with some wood and got some longer/slightly slimmer bolts to run through it and put a bolt underneath the bracket that the original bolts went thought. It is very very sturdy and after all its not a safety issue because the seat belt bolts are separate from the seat. It is a little tall but im 6'2 and can still sit comfortably in the seat with enough head room. Here is an idea to throw out there for anyone in the same position I was in. I still need to order the carpet to finish it off.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Good idea. But the wood isn't stable enough for a seat extension. I'd weld up custom brackets 3/16" thick metal, then get them powdercoated or paint them yourself.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah I know but it is alot more stable then I thought and no one ever realy rides in the back. I just have them in there as a buffer till I can get some made. I was thinking like the same shape of the wood but like you said get something welded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.