No power to radio and power windows?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question No power to radio and power windows??

We just got done with a rebuild on the transmittion, and injector touch up and up until first startup on with the rebuilt tranny, ive had no problems with either my radio or my power windows. We installed an Airdog II also. Ive checked all of the fuses, and they look fine. I have all of my collumn gagues wired into the fuse panel, along with the airdog, so I dont know if its overloaded or whatever? Any suggestions?? Both of these problems happend at the same exact time. Is there any grounds that possibly were messed with at time of rebuild of tranny, or when valve covers were pulled on the injectors, because we left the batteries connected. any help is greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Only thing I can throw in here is, did you check the fuse on the back of the radio? That could be your radio problem....

Someone should chime in that knows more or would be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

sorry I forgot to metion that its an aftermarket touch screen, I went out just now and checked for a fuse, and didnt see one. Thank you for your suggestion. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows a little more than us! hahaha
Old 02-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Look for your "Delay" relay and fuse, it is for the items that continue working when you turn off your key but haven't opened the door yet, such as radio, windows, interior lights.

I had that problem and it was caused by a short in the dome light wire.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had this same problem a while back, but like GregsSD I shorted out the dome light. After shorting it the windows, radio, and interior lights would not come on at all. After i checked everything I found out that I blew the #41 fuse. It is a 10 amp fuse for the instrument cluster. Don't know if this will help but sounds similar to my problem so I'm throwing my two cents in. Hope this helps!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Woo!!! It ended up being the #41 fuse afterall!! Thank all of yall so much! I love this place! A special thanks to DarkBlue! Who woulda thought that the instrament cluster fuse would have blown, when all of the gauges worked? Anyway thank you to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.