Autometer Gauge Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Autometer Gauge Help

So I picked out my gauges this week. I was either going to go with the ES series or the Z series. After finding a really good price on the ES series I started leaning that direction but I didn't think I wanted the red illumination at night. After reading the instructions listed with the ES series it had a suggested part for a green LED kit. Perfect, I thought I was all set. Called up Summit and placed my order with the green LEDs. I went and picked things up today and opened one gauge to take a look at it. The back of the gauge doesn't have a light that comes out. Imagine my frustration. I started searching the internet and found nothing on changing the color of these lights. Now I'm not certain I want to install the gauges. Maybe I should take them back and get the Z series or see if someone wants to swap with me. The other option is to take the gauge apart and see if I can change the LED in there. I really like the look of the gauges and am tempted to try it, but I'd really hate to break a perfectly good brand new gauge. You guys got any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.