Power/Heated Seat Wiring - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power/Heated Seat Wiring

I am converting the seats in my 2006 XLT from manual cloth to power/heated leather.

I am interested to know if the wiring in my truck will include the connections for the power and heat to each front seat from the factory.

I know I will find out once the seats are out, but it's nice to know ahead of time. In any case, I could wire it as needed, but if the factory included these connectors it would be far easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

what have you found? im interested in doing the same thing...
Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 PM

No the wiring for power isn't there. I went from manual to power, but have to do the wiring yet. Could you walk us through how to do it with pics?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It's pretty simple, you just need a power and ground. I believe two go to 12v and one ground
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wired The Seats Today

This whole process has been slow because I wanted to use the original connectors. My son helped me find the pigtail sets from fordtech. I got the seats in last month and then got the pigtail sets last week. No problem at the seat, but the big test was figuring out which 30 amp receptacle at the back of the fuse box came from the two 30 amp fuses at the front of the fuse box.

According to the owners manual, #112 is for the driver side, and #114 is for the passenger side. Since I was unable to get the pigtail set for the connector going into this position on the plug at the back of the fusebox ( this six cavity connector was not shown on the ford tech site ), I just used insulated female slide connectors at the end of the 12 vdc wires I led to the seats to plug directly in to the blades in the receptacle at the back of the fusebox. Trial and error with a meter at each end determines which blade leads to each fuse, and what each wire does at the seats. I also had to make two small jumpers from this plug to the existing connector to provide power to the windows, since their wires were on this plug originally. I put a ground wire on each side at the frame under the sill near the seats. All the wiring is out of sight under the carpet. Now I can unplug and remove the seats anytime if necessary.

The leather is great, the power seats work fine, but no seat heat. I know power is there, because I get a momentary flash from the indicator on the seat heat switches, but no heat. Everything else in the truck works fine, too. My primary motivation was for the leather, secondary for the power adjustments, and maybe heat would be nice. I 'll keep trying.

Last edited by johnwalker; 03-05-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Where did you find your new leather seats, I really want to do this. I already have dual power seats, so I'd have to wire up the heaters, should just be a hot wire from the switch to the heater and the other wire out of the heater to ground.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Kind of off topic but how hard are these seats to take in and out?

Sent from the mower shop
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Superdty Seats - Removal and Wiring

After searching for two months on eBay and craigslist, I bought them from an eBay ad at " buy it now" pricing and got a nice credit when I shipped the manual cloth set back to Texas.

The seats are all easy to remove and install physically. You just need to use an 18mm spanner, and unplug any connectors.

The tricky part is wiring heated power seats where manual seats were before.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the info. Do you remember the name of the company? Are you British? Coach
Old 03-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nice work dad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.