Need help finding a grommet for firewall - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Need help finding a grommet for firewall

I have a grommet I'm trying to find. Its a rubber grommet about 1.5" to 2" in diameter. If you are inside the truck, under the dash looking up, its a few inches to the left of where the brake pedal rod goes through the firewall. I'm not sure if maybe that's where the rod for the clutch would be on a manual truck or what.

My problem is that it was used when Best Buy put my alarm in several years ago. They used it to pass wires through and basically destroyed it. When I had my new alarm put in, the shop put some dynomat over it but its just not holding. So I would like to replace the grommet and fix it correctly. The problem is I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know what its called or what I need to ask for? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Emergency Services

I'm wondering if its supposed to be something more like this instead of a grommet?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just looked and the rod for the clutch is about 4 inches to the left of the rod for the brake.The location of your plug sounds like where the rod for the clutch would be. Did you try a wrecker? or you could not fix it correctly and just RTV silicone it.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Emergency Services

Theres something there but no idea what it is lol. Its a big blob of something BestBuy stuck in there. I talked to my guy at the Ford Dealership. He told me:

"They are calling it a clutch delete patch....I know what you are talking about, I always run my amp power cord through there. List is 33.03....cost you 26.81 w/tax would have to order"

So he ordered one for me. We'll see how it looks when it gets here, probably tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mine was missing completely, i fiberglassed over it cause I needed it covered. I later found it laying in thr frame rail...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.