I need some help, random interior questions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Question I need some help, random interior questions...

Okay, so I'm going to take pictures later and post them (maybe it'll help some people understand what I'm talking about)

QUESTION ONE:
How do I take that metal storage thing out from under my back seat? If you fold your back seats up (those that have a CC), you'll see a metal storage... thing. It folds out and has various holes to strap cargo down onto it. I'm assuming it's some sort of gun rack, as to my buddy found a couple unspent 7mm rounds when he unfolded his.

I want to take it out to have some storage underneath my seats for various straps and toolsets (until I find a nice toolbox I like). Can this be done? I've already unscrewed six (6) torque T-40 screws, but it's still not coming out! Am I missing another screw or bolt?

QUESTION TWO:
I'm anal about my truck. In my last truck (2001 7.3) I had a piece that I am missing in this truck. In the center console, there's a rubber mat that lays on the floor (lining the inside of the center console). What's the part number and/or where can I order this? Tousley Ford? Thanks fellas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Real Men of Genius

Didn't get any pics last night, but I'll try to get some at lunch time today and post a little later. Anybody have an idea of what to do about the under chair storage thing? Alternatives to the console "mat"?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you have to unbolt the bench seat mounting bolt right behind the driver seat. If your sitting on the backseat, facing the front, it is the righthand bolt of the two. then it will just come right out
Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chad View Post
you have to unbolt the bench seat mounting bolt right behind the driver seat. If your sitting on the backseat, facing the front, it is the righthand bolt of the two. then it will just come right out
Okay, I'll take a look at that tomorrow when I've got more time, about to go to be now. Thanks for the help!

Here are the pics...

The center console

open it up

and the mat fits right here, on the bottom...

Where can I get that mat?

Also, under the back seat

Anyone know what the hell this thing is? I want to get rid of it so I can have some extra storage underneath my seats...
Old 11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
Okay, I'll take a look at that tomorrow when I've got more time, about to go to be now. Thanks for the help!

Here are the pics...

The center console

open it up

and the mat fits right here, on the bottom...

Where can I get that mat?

Also, under the back seat

Anyone know what the hell this thing is? I want to get rid of it so I can have some extra storage underneath my seats...
There are more bolts under the "single seat" on the passenger side. I have had mine out, so it can be done! I too am anal and the first thing I did when I got my truck was removed ALL of the interior so I could vacuum and clean...skirt work!

As for the rubber mat...I know exactly what you are talking about, and I dont think these trucks came with them (2005-2007). All of my buddies trucks that I have been in of these years do not have that mat. I thought about making one out of some of the rubber mat for toolbox drawers. Sears has them in rolls for $12. Then just trim it to fit. Looks like you are missing the "coin holder." Unless you removed it for the pictures. If you dont know what I am talking about, then let me know...and I will take a pic for ya.

Oh... and to answer your question about the metal tray. Thats a factory thing. Its used for dirty crap that you dont want on your carpet or seats. Also makes more room in the back for larger and/or heavy crap and thats why it is the strong metal. I personally would remove it (I have needed mine several times) and it really isnt in the way. Throw your straps and jumper cables behind the seat. Thats where I have my crap. There should be a long plastic tray behind the driver side rear seat, and mine has tow straps, jumper cables, two hitches, three balls (I said balls..ha ha), summer windshield wipers, and my spare tire crap all in there.

Hope this all helps.

Last edited by OUTLAWPilot; 11-02-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:14 AM

Mine does not have the rubber mat you are asking about either. I tend to believe these trucks didn't come with one.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAWPilot View Post
There are more bolts under the "single seat" on the passenger side. I have had mine out, so it can be done! I too am anal and the first thing I did when I got my truck was removed ALL of the interior so I could vacuum and clean...skirt work!

Yeah, there's 4 bolts under the single seat and then there are 2 on the longer bench seat. Took them out, but still missing something...

As for the rubber mat...I know exactly what you are talking about, and I dont think these trucks came with them (2005-2007). All of my buddies trucks that I have been in of these years do not have that mat. I thought about making one out of some of the rubber mat for toolbox drawers. Sears has them in rolls for $12. Then just trim it to fit. Looks like you are missing the "coin holder." Unless you removed it for the pictures. If you dont know what I am talking about, then let me know...and I will take a pic for ya.

I was thinking the exact same thing, buying those mats at SEARS or wherever and making my own. My old '01 F250 had a mat, and my buddy's '03 Excursion has a mat. Weird that they would not give us one... and yeah, I've got the coin holder. Just moved it for the pics.

Oh... and to answer your question about the metal tray. Thats a factory thing. Its used for dirty crap that you dont want on your carpet or seats. Also makes more room in the back for larger and/or heavy crap and thats why it is the strong metal. I personally would remove it (I have needed mine several times) and it really isnt in the way. Throw your straps and jumper cables behind the seat. Thats where I have my crap. There should be a long plastic tray behind the driver side rear seat, and mine has tow straps, jumper cables, two hitches, three balls (I said balls..ha ha), summer windshield wipers, and my spare tire crap all in there.

Thanks for answering that for me. That makes sense now. I'll have to go out and take a look at what's behind the rear seat. Maybe I've got some of that stuff too! Thanks for all of your help!

Hope this all helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey~do View Post
Mine does not have the rubber mat you are asking about either. I tend to believe these trucks didn't come with one.
Yeah, I'm starting to think you guys are right...
Old 11-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

My truck never came with that metal thing in back. So, if you are getting rid of it I might be interested in buying it from you. Keep me in mind!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Real Men of Genius

Roger that! Will do.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 AM

My 2005 Harley did not come with a mat,never knew,good idea though.
I have buckets in the back no metal thing and have a full width plastic tray behind them. Again no mat in the back console,2 consoles no mat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.