2003 Fummins project: adjustable pedal questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2003 Fummins project: adjustable pedal questions

2003 Fummins project: adjustable pedal questions

I have a 2003 Ford F350 that I'm converting to a 1991 12v mated to an NV4500. The truck came with the electronic adjustable pedals and is an auto trans. To switch, I have to install the manual trans version clutch and brake pedals, and the V10 gasser style gas pedal. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this, and if those new pedals will still work with the adjustable height system, or if I have to ditch it altogether?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Contact someone at De-stroked and I am sure they can get you some prices on stuff and point you in the right direction.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Ford Cummins didn't know, saying they hadn't heard of anyone putting an NV4500 into a Superduty with auto adjustable pedals.

Called Destroked, got voicemail. Will try again shortly. Can't seem to find any threads on this swap, but I would think there would have to be several folks that already did this. Maybe the terms I'm using aren't matching.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

ill be honest though i have adjustable pedals and if you dont have like 2 ft long legs i dont really see much use for them. If my wife all of 5' tall wanted to drive my truck yes she could bring the pedals closer but for an average height guy you may not be getting your money worth out of them. I mean mine are all the way to the floor and maybe stock height they would be too close
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm a big guy, and have no problem if they were switched over to manual style, but that limits who can drive it (shorter family members / friends), and also if I choose to sell it, then it's no longer a viable selling point. Plus during the drivetrain conversion, I have a limited amount of time where I can have the truck apart, so I need to figure out what others have done and problems encountered so I can buy the right parts the first time, ahead of time to speed up the swap.

Also, talked to Destroked and they said they had no idea, and had never heard of anyone doing a conversion like this on a truck with adjustable pedals. Hard to believe that I'm the first one
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think the cummins sitting in the ford will be a good enough selling point, who cares about the pedals at that point. LOL
Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Im not sure how the adjustable pedals mount but the required V10 gas pedal mounts directly to the floor. Im also guessing the adjustable pedals were not offer in manual and or V10 applications. That would be something to check into. If they did not offer adjustable pedals for either of those applications, you are gonna have to loose the adjustable pedal option. Im building my donor motor as we speak for a 12v/NV4500 swap but I bought a manual truck intentionally so the manual parts would already be there for the conversion.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin G View Post
I think the cummins sitting in the ford will be a good enough selling point, who cares about the pedals at that point. LOL
true, true.....but still, I like to keep as many of the creature comforts as possible as it makes for a better finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Im not sure how the adjustable pedals mount but the required V10 gas pedal mounts directly to the floor. Im also guessing the adjustable pedals were not offer in manual and or V10 applications. That would be something to check into. If they did not offer adjustable pedals for either of those applications, you are gonna have to loose the adjustable pedal option. Im building my donor motor as we speak for a 12v/NV4500 swap but I bought a manual truck intentionally so the manual parts would already be there for the conversion.
The more I look, the more I'm thinking the adjustable were only with the automatic setup. Worst case I could probably fabricate my own adapter to keep the automatic adjustable setup, but with a clutch pedal, but not sure I want that much work. Worst case, I could switch to manual setup and use the adjustable switch for another purpose.

I did find out that Fordcummins.com now has an adapter that allows you to keep the adjustable diesel gas pedal. They said it runs $150. Since a new pedal and cable would cost me $100 anyway, that might be better to keep.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The only way an adjustable pedal setup would work properly is if all the pedals were adjustable. If one pedal was left behind, it would make driving it more difficult than if none were.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:41 PM

yep, and I can't see how they could make an adjustable clutch pedal setup unless the pedal rod and everything were attached to the adjustable brackets. Short of finding someone with a stock manual trans truck with adjustable pedals, I think I'll have to convert it all to manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.