Not one to go the "normal" sun-visor route, I decided it might be cool to have a garage door Homelink unit mounted in the overhead sunroof switch console. I think it turned out pretty good.
1) Split apart the Homelink (HL) module and mount it:
2) Drill the plunger holes and countersunk mounting screw holes:
3) Radius the cover plate sides w/Dremel tool and small grinder wheel - went through 2 of these. It was cold out..
4) Dremel out the underside of the cover so the plunger rubber sits BELOW the cover:
5) Added the inside of nylon push-rivets to make up for the overhead panel thickness:
6) Where to tap in for power (green) and ground (black):
7) HL module zip-tied back together:
8) Wire plug can not be plugged back into the console bracket. Velcro-ed to the HL module:
10) ...and re-mounted....