King Ranch Leather Question.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
King Ranch Leather Question..

I have a 05 King Ranch.... The steering wheel and the front arm rest are starting to look rough.... how can i go about getting these repaired or replaced and around how much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i have found steering wheel is usually hopeless. i did more harm than good. better off replacing IMO. ~$225

for the arm rest i use a warm rag to clean it. then use leather cpr (bed bath beyond) and rub in. works alot better on the KR seats than the KR conditioner.
note: it turned my seats black for a few days, then they went back to original color but looked much better. my seats were really dried out though when i did it.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Premium Member

My steering wheel was looking pretty bad when I bought it. Then I read somewhere to take a cloth and soak it in real hot water and "pat" it on the leather. ( I actually squeezed the cloth on the leather) Don't rub. The heat draws out the oils from our hands. After it dried, the leather looked a lot better and lighter.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 AM

When I bought my 03, the seats were horrible. I contacted a local company who does leather repair and they came out and repaired the leather. They use dyes to match the color of your interior and can fix fading, holes, rips, etc... and make them look like new. Be careful with leather cleaners, some can remove the essential oils and leave the leather brittle. Lexol leather cleaner was recommended to me by the leather repair facility and that's all I use now.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the leather on my arm rests on the captins chairs is cracking pretty bad.... and on the steering wheel the leather at the top is really rough, like someone sanded it with sand paper..... have any of yall seen that happen?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Premium Member

The roughness will not go away. Mine is still rough, but they look better than before.

Cracking of the leather is a sign that it has dried out. Lexol is a good product.I have been using a product from Bickmore. I used the cleaner:

Bick 1 Leather Cleaner, Bickmore Leather Care Products

Then maintain with the #4:

Bick 4 Leather Conditioner, Bickmore Leather Care Products

I will be trying their new #5 when I run out of the #4:

Bick 5 Complete Leather Care, Cleans, Conditions, Polishes, Protects Leather

If your seats are that dry, it will take numerous applications. And after you get them back into condition, you need to maintain them.

King Ranch also has their own product.

LEATHER CONDITIONER - King Ranch Saddle Shop
Old 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM

I put a steering wheel cover on mine. bought it from walmart for $10. Don't really care about showin the KR leather off anyway because it was pretty rough..My driver's seat is shot..when it got stolen, someone cut a hole in the back part and stabbed the armrest. Was going to file an insurance claim for them but wasn't worried about going through the hassle. I really wish I did now because the tears are getting worse. the armrest leather from dealer is around $300. And the whole leather back piece is around $1000. Those are just part prices. So then you have to pay either an upholstery shop to put them on or try and do it yourself..pretty pricey stuff.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My seats where very dry,worn and not taken care of. The KR conditioner one bottle per front seat and they are looking 100% better. I like the smell of the leather after using the KR stuff. What is the cost of the Leather CPR from BB&B? I am needing more to do the rear seats, they are not as bad. But this is what you get when you buy used!!! But for the price difference I can buy a few truck loads of conditioner!!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM

Mine are the same way very worn and looks like they were never taken car of either. There was a rip in the drivers seat that was repaired and I am hoping I can get my friend to do a little better job. The question I have is has anyone tried to replace the arm rests. Mine are shot very cracked up and I don't think there is anything that will take car of it. 5 years of having someone's arm on it and never cleaned will do that I guess.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Premium Member

Maybe see what they look like after a good cleaning.

king ranch - TheDieselGarage.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.