Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

WeatherTech Doesn't Fit Well

8K views 52 replies 26 participants last post by  Artpe54 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Ordered a set of the WeatherTech Laserfits mats for '04 F250. When I installed them I was hoping they fit better

If someone else has a set do they sit over the door sill? They seem to move around the floor as there wasn't something on the underside to decrease the friction on the floormat/carpet.

Really was expecting more for the $200 costs.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Have the same in my truck. They do leave a lot to be desired for what is expected.

Mine cover all three of the dimples on the door sill and the drivers side does not shift. Yours look to fit better then mine. Lots of waviness in it, not flush against the carpet much at all. They were a gift, came from amazon, and i just went with it. Had them about 3 years now. Same wobbly fit. Never changed. Haven't cleaned them in probably 6-8 months.

You need to change your thread title and some of your wording. Looks like you're praising weathertech when you aren't.

Attachments

Reactions: ZMANN
#3 · (Edited)
the Hype far exceeds the fit

both front and rear leave a lot to be desired .

wait til you see how hard the tan is to clean, it's like the plastic is porous

every time i see a whether tech ad I shake my head

Agreed on the thread title "weather tech does it right"
looks like praise and they don't deserve any

did you mean "weather tech does it fit right? " ??

I can change it if you need ?

#7 ·
both front and rear leave a lot to be desired .

wait til you see how hard the tan is to clean, it's like the plastic is porous
Which is why i never bought the rear and cargo mats from them. Still need the cargo area though. Just been cleaning the hell outta it everytime i load something back there.

Maybe that's why mine look they way they do. I'll clean em today and see. It's been a while lol.

#5 · (Edited)
Imo. Could have been much more thought out.
The fronts also don't fit too well ether.
And the rear just wants to curl up.

But in my cummins, and in my previous Silverado, the fit was great.
I do agree on the cleaning, I have the gray ones in my 6.0 and had tan in my silverado, they are tough to keep clean.
But the black in my cummins is great, and they fit very well. 6.0 is definitely the worst fit out of the 3 trucks I've had them in

#8 ·
I have 'em in the front in black, also tough to clean. And they definitely do not fit like had hoped.:dunno:

#9 ·
I've got 'em in my Expedition and thought they fit quite well, also not that tough to clean with a pressure washer and a little Simple Green, but I'm not trying to get them clean enough to eat off of either.

Glad I saw this though, was thinking of getting a set for my truck. Just got a generic set from Sam's in it now.

#10 ·
I've got 'em in my Expedition and thought they fit quite well, also not that tough to clean with a pressure washer and a little Simple Green, but I'm not trying to get them clean enough to eat off of either.
That's all I do. Degreaser and a stiff bristle brush, then power wash.
But give it 2 weeks and it looks the same all over again lol. I think the gray is the worst at showing marks.

#13 ·
Carpet also feels better. Atleast the wife says so. And you can go barefoot on the carpet lol. Road trips = stock floor mats in on her side.

Gave mine a little cleaning. Dawn, soak, scrub with deck brush.

Attachments

#14 ·
My truck had Weather Techs in front and back when I bought it. What I didn't like about them was they didn't sell a liner for the middle hump in the front & the lip on the edge of the outside wasn't deep enough for the messes I make :D). I immediately bought a full set of Husky liners from Cabelas (got a great deal and had a $25 off coupon) and have never looked back. They just fit better and they don't move around like the Weather Techs do.

-jokester

#16 ·
I'll throw my comment in the mix that my WeatherTechs leave a lot to be desired. I had a set in my VW GTI and they fit awesome. Not so much in my truck. They were a gift from my wife soooooo I just learn to live with them until someone breaks in and steals them :-D

#17 ·
This is quite disappointing. I was really looking forward to buying these... Im not too hype on the other brands, none of the other ones seem to go over the door sill. I would be livid if I paid $200 and they were floppy. I can buy floppy ones at wal-mart.

#18 ·
The ones from Lund go partially over the door sill. They don't slide around either. The drivers side on mine fits about perfect, the passenger side fits good, but not as tight as the drivers side. I'm guessing after a few hot days this summer it will mold itself a little better.

pic I found on the internet

#24 ·
I bought the cargo weather tech mat for the excursion and it's ok. Glad this topic was brought up since I have never hesitated to by weather tech for my other vehicles. Looks like the searching what to use in the first and second row continues.

#32 ·
I'd hope so. It's basically a rectangle. Got any pics? Probably not worth the price since any off brand should be able to make a rectangle mat for the cargo area.

I'd also like to see some real life photos of the husky mats. Preferably in an excursion, and for the second row seats with captains chairs... ya, im reaching.
F250 pic would work to.

#25 ·
I wonder if some light heat will help. Maybe throw it in the oven or use a really light torch to heat the underside lay it out and apply some pressure with some wet towels.

Kind of like forming a mouth guard.

#29 ·
My truck had some thick rubber mats when I bought it in 07, they're still in there now working great, I don't think they have a name on them though.
They also don't cover the sides any but I live in Louisiana so I'm always walking in mud and haven't had any issues.

#30 ·
#31 ·
Awesome, I just got an 05 and the lariat tan floors are immaculate so I was looking into Weather Tech due to them fitting real well in my Cummins. Glad I came on here to see what everyone is saying. Looks like I'll try out Husky then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.