Insight edge or not - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Insight edge or not

I have a 2004 6.0 and primarily use it only to tow a landscape trailer 3000lbs full and a travel trailer 10,000lbs max. The truck is 2wd and has about 100k miles. I will be heading out west for a couple weeks pulling in the mountains: Glacier National, Yellowstone, Tetons basically Rockies and Big Horn Mtns. Having said all that I am looking for a monitoring system to watch for boost and egt's and other info. I am not running any tuners nor plan to, just stock but I don't want to fry a turbo. Is the Insight Edge a good system for monitoring purposes, I like the mounting options. Thanks 100K on motor and no problems except that darn hfcm drain plug, maybe I got a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Premium Member

I run the Platnium edition of the edge, w/ the power tunes. I like the gauge setup on the edge. easy to read, and you can change to alot of different readings.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You really don't want to use Edge unless you only use it for monitoring don't use their tuning. Statistically speaking, more likely then not you'll have problems with your motor using Edge tuning. Some don't, but more do.

As to monitoring devices, I would actually suggest a DashDAQ. With the Ford Enhancement, you can pick up just about every sensor that the truck has available, something you cannot do with monitoring systems out there right now. With that enhancement, you can also get DTCs that you can't get with the standard tuner/code reader. Alot of other options are available with the DashDAQ, if you want me to try to be more comprehensive I can.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post
You really don't want to use Edge unless you only use it for monitoring don't use their tuning. Statistically speaking, more likely then not you'll have problems with your motor using Edge tuning. Some don't, but more do.

As to monitoring devices, I would actually suggest a DashDAQ. With the Ford Enhancement, you can pick up just about every sensor that the truck has available, something you cannot do with monitoring systems out there right now. With that enhancement, you can also get DTCs that you can't get with the standard tuner/code reader. Alot of other options are available with the DashDAQ, if you want me to try to be more comprehensive I can.
What is the cost of this unit?
Old 06-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwil View Post
What is the cost of this unit?

Were you the one asking about the Phalanx that toyomike answered? If so, the Phalanx uses the DashDAQ as a platform, so you would be killing two birds with one stone.

If not(sorry, I do have a bad memory) then it is is going to be ~644 for the DashDAQ and the Ford Enhancement.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Yeah it was me, but I have decided I am not going to get spartan until I do more mods to the truck....I already have 3 tuners....

Do you know what the DD in the spartan setup runs?
Old 06-21-2009, 02:46 PM

not to hijack but if your glacier park drive over to cloumbia fall mt and go to the blue moon it a good bar and dance hall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.