edge attitude vs. livewire??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edge attitude vs. livewire???

i went to a local diesel shop the other day and the guy told me that an SCT would be too much for my truck and it would cause me to cook head gaskets. obviously i know that it all depends on driving style and if you put a extreme performance tune on an otherwise stock truck your going to have problems. i have been thinking of getting the sct livewire but i am kinda steered away from it because of its size and the lack of a good pillar mount for it.

anyways, this guy recomended getting the edge attitude, he said they are more reliable blah blah blah. is he just trying to get me to buy from his sponsor or something or is his point valid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
I would steer away from the livewire.... If you are set on digital gauges get the edge insight it will do everything as far as monitoing as the edge tuning products will. Then get a sct xcal3 and custom tunes. This will give you the best possible tuning and a good digital monitor. Of course there are better monitors out but they cost more as well. You could also get analog gauges as well. The edge tuning wise is not very good and lacks any tranny tuning. I have been recently reading where edge has detuned its tuning to loose the reputation of destroying trannies. So basically instead of solving the tranny tuning issue they just offer less and charge the same or more for product. Then offer you a hot code at a additional cost and blame you for the destroyed tranny. Get a sct with a custom tune. Have the tuner tweak it how you want it. Have the power you want and a happy truck. also any tuner and even a stock truck can blow head gaskets. A lot is due to the egr system delete is and you should be fine.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I agree with the above poster. The livewire is a bit bulky. You will get many different opinions on this subject, it all comes down to what you want and how you want to set up your truck. If you don't want to lose your A-pillar, then there are other options for monitoring. I agree with the Xcal3 and a set of gauges with custom tuning, it is the best option for the 6.0L. It is the best thing for your motor and tranny IMHO. Check with any of the vendors, I am sure they can help you put a package together.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:45 PM

thanks alot guys i appreciate your advice bigtime. do you guys prefer digital or analogue for gauge setups? i was thinking digital because i think they just plug into the computer and get their readings from there, im far to lazy to put analogue gauges in when i could just put the tuner and egt sensor in and call it good haha.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 PM

either way you will have to tap for EGT and boost gauges and for tranny, its still a good idea to get reading direct from tranny and not rely on the ECM.... analog are better, but digital gauges are easier to read
Old 06-14-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
for tranny, its still a good idea to get reading direct from tranny and not rely on the ECM.... analog are better, but digital gauges are easier to read
I have both digital and analog and there is a 2 degree difference between the two. The digital gauge reads 2 degrees hotter then the analog gauge, which is what I would think better then reading 2 degrees colder. The analog probe tab is at the pan test port, which is where I think most people tap into for the tranny temp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.