EGR Delete ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 145
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete ?

So I was wondering if I was to do an egr delete, would that cause problems for when they goverment starts smogging diesel next year? Would I be better just running a tune that allows me to just turn off the egr?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
Posts: 3,353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
where do you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete and Smog Inspections

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorey View Post
So I was wondering if I was to do an egr delete, would that cause problems for when they goverment starts smogging diesel next year? Would I be better just running a tune that allows me to just turn off the egr?
Great question! I get this all time from our clients and they are glad to have found our EGR Cooler Upgrade. One of the great features about it is that it allows your EGR system to work as Ford intended. It does not set the check engine light, either, so you don't have to spend lots of $$$ on a tuner just to keep your CEL off.

Ford EGR Cooler Upgrade Webpage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 145
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
where do you live?
I live in california right now but I am moving to washington at the end of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 145
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMasterG View Post
Great question! I get this all time from our clients and they are glad to have found our EGR Cooler Upgrade. One of the great features about it is that it allows your EGR system to work as Ford intended. It does not set the check engine light, either, so you don't have to spend lots of $$$ on a tuner just to keep your CEL off.

Ford EGR Cooler Upgrade Webpage
Thank you that is awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tampa
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool

Ok guys i dont know how to say it, but i know for a fact there is a shop in any city there will help out when a car does not pass emisions!! you guys know what i mean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Passing Smog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueros View Post
Ok guys i dont know how to say it, but i know for a fact there is a shop in any city there will help out when a car does not pass emisions!! you guys know what i mean
Well its not to hard to figure out what you are tring to say.... lol.... but I know that here in AZ that method doesn't work. The state does the inspections on every vehicle, not the local repair shops. Not too many state inspectors are as persuadable as your local repair shop....!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors