itp reg return, airdog/raptor and ficm tuning?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
itp reg return, airdog/raptor and ficm tuning??

thinking about doin a regulated return, ficm tuning and a airdog/raptor combo but wanna know how much ya'll think it will help out with those alone?? plannin on doin it hopefully b4 the first of next year but wanna know ya'lls opinions. with all that i should be good for injectors when it comes time for em. built tranny will come sometime after or whenever the stocker blows out and quits on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 AM
back in the saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugstroke View Post
thinking about doin a regulated return, ficm tuning and a airdog/raptor combo but wanna know how much ya'll think it will help out with those alone?? plannin on doin it hopefully b4 the first of next year but wanna know ya'lls opinions. with all that i should be good for injectors when it comes time for em. built tranny will come sometime after or whenever the stocker blows out and quits on me.
Sounds like a good setup. You won't notice any real power difference. Maybe some snappier throttle with the FICM tune. Keep in mind that with both the raptor and the ITP kit being regulated you'll have to regulate the raptor higher than the regulator under the hood. That setup will pretty much let you run any injector you want to in the future.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

These are the next three mods that my truck will be getting. Like you I want to have all of my supporting mods complete so when it does come time for injectors, I can get the most out of them.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 AM

Is there still a need for a regulated return system when you have a regulated delivery system?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 AM
back in the saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwil View Post
Is there still a need for a regulated return system when you have a regulated delivery system?
No. But I do like ITP's return kit. Another good option to get away from having a regulator up under the hood would be a stage one fuel kit from Trusted Performance so I've heard. I would also recommend a crossover line for the back of the heads.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 AM

seems the intructions on itps website are very detailed but i dont know if i see puttin over 600 down for just the kit, but i guess u pay for quality. i'm sure i could get it somewhat cheaper through my vendor i use. he is installing a set of 190s and reg return on a 06 right now so i'm gonna see how that works out. do u happen to know how much the stage 1 from trusted is??
Old 06-04-2009, 09:40 AM

I think the stage one was around 200 and the crossover line was about 250. I run it on my truck and still have stock injectors. not much performance gain but seems theres better throttle response and better fuel pressure from the FASS im running. I think thats the way to go if you have a regulated pump as theres really no need for a second regulator.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Trusted Performance has a fixed-orifice return which works well with regulated pumps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.