Spartan's Hybrid Race and ID's Extreme Street - Differences? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Spartan's Hybrid Race and ID's Extreme Street - Differences?

I have the free Spartan tunes and am contemplating ordering a tune from Eric at Innovative Diesel to get some better shifting. My question is for those that have tried both, what are the differences between these two? Specifically looking at mileage, throttle response, top end power, etc.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 12:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just spend the money and get the custom tunes. For some reason my truck did not like the free tunes at all!!!!! Horrible shifting. These trucks are to expensive to be trying out tunes like the spartan ones. The only trucks that i saw worked ok on were on the 05's and higher. But i will give a quick review.

On the spartan hybrid my truck ran hotter than my xtreme street, also the tranny couldnt decided which gear to stay in on the hybrid tune. Mileage was better also on my xtreme tune.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Which one did you think was stronger on the top end? I don't want to get Xtreme Street if its any higher combustion pressures than the Hybrid Race, if its harder on headgaskets I might get the regular street tune.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:49 AM

Im pretty sure innovative would not want to make a tune thats just gonna blow up engines. From what i have read on here and heard from them, their combustion pressure isnt as high. Your gaskets can blow at any time, whether it be with a stock tune or an all out race tune. It all depends on how you run your truck. Everyone on here will most likely also say to go with the custom tunes. Its the only way to go with these trucks. When you email innovative let them know what you got done on your truck and what it is your looking to get. They will more than take care of you
Old 05-29-2009, 06:56 AM

Eric's tunes are very safe. It took some harrassing on my part to get a tune from him that pushes it to the edge of what is safe. Have not been back to the dyno to try it yet, but it feels like it will top my previous numbers no problem.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am running the extreme race. It shifts a lot better than the hybrid race. It also launches a lot harder. for some reason i can't break 9.20 in the 1/8. I need more gauges. I am happy with Erics tunes. Go for it. It is money i am glad I spent
Old 05-29-2009, 07:54 PM

I agree with what everyone has said. I have run both and spartans was hot on egt. Shifted bad also. With ID Extreme street I can break my 375mm wide tires loose. It IS all that just like people say.I also ran Cales 140. Its ok.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:25 PM

i dont advise anyone using those free spartan tunes just simply for the fact that theyve been moved to a different site and some very well might be corrupt because of it. i know some people havent had any problems with them.. and others have had nothing but problems.. but like the others said just get a custom tune its better off in the long run. or if you really want a spartan tune wait for him to release the dashdaq for the 6.0

Last edited by Holly; 05-29-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: because
Old 05-30-2009, 10:45 AM

man by the time the 6.0 DD is released, everyone will be too busy looking for mods for their 6.4! Im still waiting, it'd be nice to use ,my DD other than for gauges and diagnostics.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviusdragger View Post
man by the time the 6.0 DD is released, everyone will be too busy looking for mods for their 6.4! Im still waiting, it'd be nice to use ,my DD other than for gauges and diagnostics.
a couple of them have already been sent out.. i do believe theyre waiting on their next big order of tuners to come in so they can ship out their waiting list the dashdaq for the 6.0 is right around the corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.