S&B air intake ??? input? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
S&B air intake ??? input?

hello, i am being told to go with a S&B the are great for the price $269.00.

you guys have any input on these? any one try them ? i can not find a guess hp/lbs gain numbers. they do catch my eye as quality. and they do have the CFM data in pdf for proof. ???

second guess is air raid. you can pick on them to save another thread. thanks stroker pro's !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Serving Our Country!

here is the link to praise the cold air intake...or knock it ... feel free either way.

S&B Filters Vehicle Search: 2007 Ford Truck F-250 Super Duty V8-6.0L, Diesel
Old 05-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyeoseabee View Post
i can not find a guess hp/lbs gain numbers.
I have yet to see an aftermarket air filter(pick any of them) that flows more air then the stock within then powerband of the 6.0. Peak hp is at 3,300 rpms, peak tq is at 2,000 rpms and the best rpms that 6.0 a/m filters flow more then the stock one is at 3,700 rpms. In order to bring that into the powerband of the 6.0 you have to do more then just a tuner. We are talking turbo(s) and injectors here. My setup puts me at 3,900 rpms, just to give you an idea.

Quote:
they do catch my eye as quality.
The quality of the stocker is pretty damn good as well.

Quote:
second guess is air raid. you can pick on them to save another thread. thanks stroker pro's !
Same issue, different brand. If your going to be looking at a/m filters for performance reasons, don't bother unless you really mod. If your looking at them for other reasons(re-use, cleaning, installation etc) then that's another thing, but for performance you're buying a lot of hype then substance.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:09 PM

i like mine on my Cummins !!!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post

The quality of the stocker is pretty damn good as well. but for performance you're buying a lot of hype then substance.
not looking to make my f250 into a race car or nothing, but mostly the stock air filter is a total pain in the neck to remove and it is $79.99 to replace, i have no thoughts that it will not work, but looking at the longtivity of a wash it and good to go.

really i need to replace my stocker and i am looking at spending $79.99 for it, but plans on keeping the truck untill 300k miles it would be worth me to spend the 269.00 on the 1million mile filter setup
Old 05-27-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete37922 View Post
i like mine on my Cummins !!!
That's a totally different beast when it comes to performance of the intake.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
not looking to make my f250 into a race car or nothing, but mostly the stock air filter is a total pain in the neck to remove and it is $79.99 to replace, i have no thoughts that it will not work, but looking at the longtivity of a wash it and good to go.

really i need to replace my stocker and i am looking at spending $79.99 for it, but plans on keeping the truck untill 300k miles it would be worth me to spend the 269.00 on the 1million mile filter setup

Ok, that's a different story, I just wanted to make sure that people are aware that yes aftermarket filters flow more, but when they do is it actually usuable by the vehicle, sometimes yes, sometimes no. With the 6.0, everything I've seen is no, but if your looking at it for other reasons and those are valid reasons, then that's different.

I do think though the S&B is an oil cleaned filter, don't over oil it that will cause a stink with the MAF.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

tex,

i just got my stroker at the begining of the month, but i checked the filter once just to "check" it and i had 3 of the clips(silver locks) pop off, and wrestled it to the point of asking my buddy that was laughing...(dodge had a better idea on that design) then i found that it was a air box it was a combo of box/filter....i am sure it would be great on the dusty ranch but my plans are on road only.

just for ease and regular replacing after market seems the best buy... now if i gain a "cool" increase of the tubo sound, or some more mustangs under the hood, that would be great too.... specially if it is near the same price
($269.00) thanks arick
Old 05-27-2009, 04:59 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S&B are total bunk filters. They hold only 20% of the capacity of dust compared to an OEM filter. You want to make your OEM filter changes easier? Cut off that snorkle, this is my second truck I've modded. Add to this the ZOODAD and you got some serious air flow!!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

heavy, did you cut any of that extra on the bottom fire wall side? the filter has that lower lip did you cut that lip off? i like the idea...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.