Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EGR delete?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Evil Eye 
#1 ·
I know technically it's illegal to remove or modify emissions equipment, but has anyone installed an EGR delete kit on a 6.0 PS? I know the EGR valve is a problem area of the six-oh and I'm interested in learning more about all the weak areas of that motor in a quest to make mine more reliable. Thanks for the input in advance.

#2 ·
chk out elite diesel. kits are available to delete egr but youll need the right programmer to keep the cel off. ford also sells a baffle that goes around the egr . the idea is that it is suppose to keep the carbon off of the valve therfore letting it close when suppose to. the best thing is to drive it hard and clean.

#3 ·
I've got mine blocked off at the up pipe. The port that comes off the up pipe that goes to the cooler is actually cut completely off on mine with a plate welded over it. My SCT tuning keeps the EGR valve from ever opening. If I had it to do over again I would opt for an EGR delete. Do it once and be done with it. My cooler isn't cracked as of yet and probably never will with my truck in its current form, but I keep adding more and more power and eventually it will probably fail, even though I have no exhaust gas going through it. Headstuds and an EGR delete will fix A LOT of the most common problems with the 6.0. The rest of the stuff that tends to go wrong can most often be blamed on lack of maintenance. Change your oil and all filters at least at factory recommended intervals, if not sooner.

#4 ·
elite's sneaky pipe is the best way to go and the least exspensive

#6 · (Edited)
Lot of good info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.