a question about tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 02:00 AM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a question about tunes

I will no doubt be buying an SCT tuner when it comes time for me to go down that road. NOW, a question.

I'm not so much looking to get ALL OUT performance from the tunes. It just seems that the truck could run so much better and so much more efficient from the aid of a tuner. Everyone says go with EXTREME RACE, EXTREME STREET those kind of tunes. I'm not so much worried about that, I don't have to have the biggest baddest fastest truck this side of the mississippi, It would be fun and I'm sure it's a blast.

I am simply looking for something to give me a little bit of power, better economy and of course the seat of the pants feeling. We'll say something in the middle.

When it comes times to get tunes i'm gonna talk to Eric and Cale, as everyone seems to be pretty satisfied with the work they do.

But, since it isn't that time and my curiosity is eating at me. What tunes do they offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i know you've heard it time and time again. an extreme street would be the way to go. reason i say it, i wanted the same thing you're looking for and got an extreme file. i drive it like a 'normal' person, not in it all the time and my fuel economy is awesome. 17-19 in the city. but when i want a little play time, its always an itchy foot away.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudvain View Post
i know you've heard it time and time again. an extreme street would be the way to go. reason i say it, i wanted the same thing you're looking for and got an extreme file. i drive it like a 'normal' person, not in it all the time and my fuel economy is awesome. 17-19 in the city. but when i want a little play time, its always an itchy foot away.
I agree with this guy
Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

They offer whatever you want up to their max. Cales is 140hp tune I believe. He also gave me a 90hp "econo" tune that I havent tried yet. No need to when I can get 20mpg on the highway, and then lay the hammer down when I need to.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

I have both the XS and XR from Eric. I personally think both files are awesome. The only difference between the two is the XR keeps the TC locked through all the gears while the XS does not. I run the XR daily. I usually get about 425 miles on one tank. Thats about 60% interstate and 40% city. By far the best I've seen.

Just like everyone else says if you run a X tune and keep that right foot out of it, you should get the best results. Also, the shifting is firm and fast. You can't go wrong with any of Eric's tunes. I recommend Eric's tuning to everyone that has a SCT.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog84 View Post
I have both the XS and XR from Eric. I personally think both files are awesome. The only difference between the two is the XR keeps the TC locked through all the gears while the XS does not. I run the XR daily. I usually get about 425 miles on one tank. Thats about 60% interstate and 40% city. By far the best I've seen.

Just like everyone else says if you run a X tune and keep that right foot out of it, you should get the best results. Also, the shifting is firm and fast. You can't go wrong with any of Eric's tunes. I recommend Eric's tuning to everyone that has a SCT.
425 to a tank you must have a slightly heavy foot. I usually pull 500 out of tank mixed driving and 550 highway. But I do usually fill mine to the top
Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I am another Xrace daily driver. Like has already been said it gets great fuel mileage as long as I am easy on the skinny pedal. I use the Xstreet on road trips for the soul fact that I don't want to get the ticket that I know I would running in race. I am going to call Cale and give the 140 a shot just cuz I am curious.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
425 to a tank you must have a slightly heavy foot. I usually pull 500 out of tank mixed driving and 550 highway. But I do usually fill mine to the top
Must be nice to only have 4 tires and 3:73's Dave. 425 is a stretch for the Fat girl.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

even right now i am getting about 420-450 out of tank and all i have is a filter and cat delete.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Still Alive

Before the tuner 375 was about the max old wide azz would make it on a tank. Just the downfall of having a fattie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.