SCT Livewire - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Livewire

OK, so I bought a used livewire and it arrived today. I plugged it into the OBD2 port with key in the off position and pushed the jog wheel as instructed by the user guide and I get nothing. No power light, no main screen, nothing. Where do I start to troubleshoot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

check your fuse for the OBDII/CIG lighter
Old 05-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. The fuse is good, cig lighter works. What now?
Old 05-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Tried it on a different vehicle, a 1999 F-350, it doesn't power on with that vehicle either. Guess it's the cable or the tuner is bad. Looks like the seller and I have someting to work out

Old 05-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The good news is that the seller seems to be very honest and has actually called me a few times to try different things, to try and help get it working, so that is a very good sign. He's even said if we can't get it worked out he'll send it back to SCT for me and get it fixed, so I'm not as worried about him just trying to take me for a ride at this point.

I tried to hook it to the USB port to get it to come on and it will not come on there either. If I push in the jog wheel while plugging in the USB cable the shift light will blink then illuminate like it should if I were going to update the device firmware, but the screen never illuminates.

The seller is stumped and seems honest as he is trying to call everyone he knows to help get it straightened out. Before I bought it from him I had him hook it to his comptuer to try and see if he could find out what strategy code his custom tunes were written for and he said all it would say is status unlocked. He did say that while plugged into his computer via the USB cable, he went into the tunes section and it acted like it started trying to program the tune into the vehicle and he un plugged the USB cable from the tuner. Would that have locked the device?

Does anyone know what I could do between now and when we can get in touch with SCT tomorrow or Monday? Any SCT gurus out there that might be able to help??????????

I know, sorry!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Seller was excellent to work with and we got this thing figured out. I originally thought I was being taken and everything turned out just fine.

There is a memory card inside the Livewire unit, found that out after some searching on the net, I opened the unit up and looked and it had come out. Pushed it back in and everything works fine.

The custome tunes from Innovative work on my vehicle too so I am very pleased. I have not tried any others besides the Extreme Race Tune but it really woke th truck up and I'm glad we finally got it going.

I just thought I'd post the follow up in case this would happen to anyone else in the future.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Premium Member

good deal i just hope you didnt void any warranty by opening it up
Old 05-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bought it off E-bay and I didn't get a warranty other than the seller would make full refund within 3 days if defective. I bid a little high for a used livewire because the Innovative extreme tunes for his truck would work with my strategy code so I've got a livewire with custom tunes and a little less rubber on the rear tires now

I had no warranty so I couldn't go wrong by opening it, turns out it was worth the time!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

By the way rockstar, I REALLY like your avatar. Where did you pick that up?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Premium Member

lol i used to have a chevy one when i had a 2500HD............i just googled it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.