Thinking of buying a SCT X3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thinking of buying a SCT X3

Hey guys. I have a chance to buy a SCT X3 tuner for $150. The guy was using it on his 2006 F350 but recently got rid of the truck. He says he was using it with spartan tunes.

My question is will the spartan tunes already on the tuner work with my truck or where would i get tunes for my truck from? Also my truck is stock except for a coolant filter and exhaust and i was wondering if there would be some sort of tune safe for my truck? Im not looking to get huge power with the tuner yet. But i also done want to blow my HG right away.

Thanks Alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
the only way those tunes from his truck will work on yours is if the strategy is the same for both trucks. most likely it is not. You can get tunes from many places the two most common on here are innovative and cales tunes. either one is a great choice. if you are going to be putting a tuner in you will want some sort of gauges so you know what your egts are
Old 05-10-2009, 08:04 AM

Ill sell you my SCT livewire with egt probe, original packaging material also. I used it on my 6.0 2003 until my dad and I...well don't get along anymore. It was used for about 8 months and got me a good 18.8 calculated at 70 mph. I also can check on seeing if you can continue with my lifetime tunes from DJ diesel. He is the one who did mine. PM with an offer.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy557 View Post
the only way those tunes from his truck will work on yours is if the strategy is the same for both trucks. most likely it is not. You can get tunes from many places the two most common on here are innovative and cales tunes. either one is a great choice. if you are going to be putting a tuner in you will want some sort of gauges so you know what your egts are
Alright thanks. So i will have to buy the tuner then get in touch with someone that can write custom tunes for my truck. I just ordered a quad a pillar and some isspro performax gauges. Ill have the gauges in before i end up purchasing a tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnpwrsmoke View Post
Ill sell you my SCT livewire with egt probe, original packaging material also. I used it on my 6.0 2003 until my dad and I...well don't get along anymore. It was used for about 8 months and got me a good 18.8 calculated at 70 mph. I also can check on seeing if you can continue with my lifetime tunes from DJ diesel. He is the one who did mine. PM with an offer.
As far as i can tell the only different between the X3 and livewire is that the liwewire mounts on the dash and has gauges built into it. Unfortunately im going to be running some isspro gauges so i think ill just stick with a X3, Thanks anyway
Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0DSLPWR View Post
Alright thanks. So i will have to buy the tuner then get in touch with someone that can write custom tunes for my truck. I just ordered a quad a pillar and some isspro performax gauges. Ill have the gauges in before i end up purchasing a tuner.
Great choice in gauges, i just got them in the 4 pillar a month or so ago and love them. Very nice install and great lookin gauges. Then the tunes are up to you whoever you would like to go with but like i said both of those guys are great at what they do. can't go wrong
Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If I understand correctly, the device will serve only 1 vehicle. So, the first truck needs to be returned to stock settings, so that the 2nd one will load. Other than that, you need to get the SCT unlocked my the maker.

I use an SCT on my truck, with tunes from Eric at Innovative Diesel Performance. I chose him because of his skills at making the auto trans shift so well. I use the "extreme street" setting, and it is just the berries.
BTW, I get 18-20 MPG with this tune.

Last edited by hardhatz; 05-10-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.