Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Muffler and Cat delete

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  mastiffsrock 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i just got a 4 inch TB exhaust with CAT delete for my 2007 F-250. Im lovin the sound, however i was thinking of deleting the muffler also. Is there anything i need to worry about with running a straight through exhaust. This is my first diesel and i dont want to risk any potential damage to the turbo, engine or anything else. Does anybody for see any problems or has anybody had any problems with a 4 inch exhaust with CAT and muffler delete? Thanks for all the advice in advance!

Brian

#3 ·
no problem at all. just a great sounding truck

#8 ·
I'm running from the turbo straight out the back door with 4" pipe, no muffler (mine didn't have a cat)
You will LOVE the sound! It isn't really SUPER loud until you get on it, and then it is still very tolerable. I've gone past CHP and sheriffs with mine humming and never even get a look.
Plus with no restriction it will lower your EGT's and allow your turbo to spool up that much faster!
You will not regret doing it

#9 ·
Thats great news! I should be getting my tubing in from Wolf Aircraft any day so i can start fabbing up the tail section to dump right in front of my rear tire. Thanks for all the good feed back cant wait to hear it when its all installed, or uninstalled =)

#13 ·
Hmm..does any of the preceeding "modification" to our exhausts void our engine warranties or just the specific parts that are removed or modified. I know the enviropolice here in lala land will even give us a ticket for idling for more than two minutes now I was just wondering what would happen if I had my F-350 belching into the faces of some hippies downtown..oh what a glorious feeling..hmm...

#14 ·
It won't void the warranty, but if the tech has reason to believe that the modification you made is the reason for the malfunction, they can deny your warranty claim for that particular problem. And if they deny it, there is nothing you can do but get out your checkbook. That being said, it all depends on the tech or service manager and whether they want to be cool about it or not.

#16 ·
I also have a full system, and it sounds great the way it is. I guess im just looking for that little extra if you know what I mean, and that's why I asked the forum if there may be any potential problems. From the sounds of it there definitely is not going to be any running issues related to a straight through exhaust. The sound difference would probably be the only major gain we will really see, and according to sevenmalards we may see a drop in EGT's and the turbo will spool a bit faster. Sounds like all positives to me!

#18 ·
I actually just got my 07 straight piped (4" mbrp) from TB last wednesday and I cannot get over how freaking amazing it sounds. After about 2 or 3 seconds right after you start it up, it forreal sounds like a jew preparing to take off. Its such a good noise, especially when you get on the pedal. You'll love it, I promise. And what I was told was that after the turbo, Ford doesnt really care, so it wont void the warranty. I could be wrong though

#20 ·
Haha, jew know im serious! Whoops! That should probably say jet. I dunno, but I doubt a Jew preparing to take off sounds like a straight piped diesel. But you never know...

#22 ·
Bumping this back to the top to see if anyone knows if I'll gain anything (whistle, lower egt's, etc.) by deleting the MBRP muffler. Cat's already gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.