Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Added Magnaflow exhaust and.....

938 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smokersteve 
#1 ·
I had a straight exhaust on this thing, 2005 FX4 Dually Crew Cab, and it dumped before the rear axle. Loved the sound and rap when I'd get on it but the fumes and worrying about annoying the neighbors made me grab a complete stainless Magnaflow with rear exit and install it.
Now, I've noticed it won't boost more than a tad bit over 20, but before I could easily see 30 under WOT. Also, I can't break the tires loose like I did before, but in turn, the caveat has been improved MPG. About 2mpg in fact.
WTF? Do I need to "reset" everything after adding the exhaust since I've introduced backpressure back into the sytem?
Any advice or ideas? Oh and I'm not chipped or tuned. Just an EGR bypass of the up-pipe.

#2 ·
TIME FOR THE TRUSTY SCT WITH CUSTOM TUNES!!

#4 ·
I got one off ebay for $215 + $13 shipping. They had like 600 transactions and 100% positive feedback. said the unit was sent back to sct for inspection :dunno:.have orderd tunes from Cale and will see if they work on the used sct when I get them...updating and all that went ok...I think the unit is good...

#5 ·
The used unit works like a charm!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.