SCT Touch Screen Extreme?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Touch Screen Extreme??

Has anyone heard good about this?

Is this a good tuner to put on a stock truck or should i put an edge or something on it?

And im not worried money wise, just worried wether this would damage my tranny and if i did buy it, how much would it cost so i could share the tuner with my buddy?

Devin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I didn't think it was released yet. Last I knew the release date kept getting pushed back on it. As far as SCT being a good tuner, absolutely,,,
Also you can't share it with a friends truck as it is vin locked to the vehicle, you have to use up "un-locks" each time you switch vehicles. After doing this 5 times you have to ship it back to SCT to be unlocked.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The biggest concern with it that I have is also the biggest thing that they tout off...bluetooth. I have two issues with it:

1. While bluetooth is one of the most stable wireless connections that is out there today, I still have known a couple of bluetooth units to get disconnected suddenly. Scary thought when your tuning your vehicle.

2. Because it's bluetooth, there are going to be sensors that you will not be able to get just because the bluetooth can't handle the speed and density of the information at this time.

As far as the tuner by itself, it'll be much better then anything that Edge has for the 6.0. I just wouldn't be one of the first ones to get one of these and be a test subject for new technology for tuning vehicles. SCT had some rough patches with their LiveWire product and that didn't have anything new to speak of, while the bluetooth thing is relative new for the tuning world.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post
The biggest concern with it that I have is also the biggest thing that they tout off...bluetooth. I have two issues with it:

1. While bluetooth is one of the most stable wireless connections that is out there today, I still have known a couple of bluetooth units to get disconnected suddenly. Scary thought when your tuning your vehicle.

2. Because it's bluetooth, there are going to be sensors that you will not be able to get just because the bluetooth can't handle the speed and density of the information at this time.

As far as the tuner by itself, it'll be much better then anything that Edge has for the 6.0. I just wouldn't be one of the first ones to get one of these and be a test subject for new technology for tuning vehicles. SCT had some rough patches with their LiveWire product and that didn't have anything new to speak of, while the bluetooth thing is relative new for the tuning world.
That makes sense. I have seen my wireless speakerphone just clip off as the same with other phones when transfering data. I dont know of anything outside of phones and computers that use bluetooth, but i may just be a little slow on technology. As if it hasnt been brought up before... Would IR be better? or worse, because cant a IR signal be blocked? or can a bluetooth sensor be blocked too? And if it did just disconnect, wouldnt that just lock up your engine tighter than a *****? because thats what a friend of mine told me when he just unplugged his edge that it just froze up. Terrible thoughts....... just my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.