Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Spartan tune archive

8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  bpb424 
#1 ·
Can someone get me the link to the Spartan archive? When I go to site it says not found but I was just on it the other day from another thread and I can't find it again. Thanks

#7 ·
be careful using those. I tried to load one of those in my truck and it erased my PCM. It also erased my stock file. The guy from SCT said this is a common problem with those free spartan tunes

#8 ·
:tard:
Holy crap!
Really? I downloaded those the other day and haven't used any yet.
Any idea which ones are the problem...or all of them?:dunno:

#9 ·
Idk which ones are the problem tunes... I guess if you have the X3 or Livewire, SCT can send you a stock file..... I unfortunately have the Xcal 2, so I either have to buy an X3 or have my truck towed to the shop for a factory program.....

#15 ·
I think the problem is when you try to load a tune that doesn't really match the truck. I have done this a couple times and none of them were spartan's. It basically kills the truck and you have to have it completely reflashed. So I guess make sure the tune you try to load is actually for your truck. I think I'm gonna try one of these tunes just for fun.

#17 ·
Free Bee's

I haven't used these but here are some free tunes. I dont remember where I got these but they were from someone on this org.

If you do use these let me know how they work, I m curious.

Index of /~amon/tunes

#18 ·
you should know that spartan does not support those tunes what so ever.. they were erased from his site for a reason. he doesn't use SCT custom tuning software for the 6.0L anymore.. so if you want a spartan tune wait for the phalanx for the 6.0L.. you won't be disappointed.

#19 ·
you need to look for the tunes that have the same strategy as your truck... my starts out with VXAP2, so i would look under those files that start with that. ive used them before and they worked fine, just didnt like the shifting..

#23 ·
i couldn't tell you rob. i think its going to be more than the sct because its doing ficm tuning as well.

#25 ·
all i know is that its for the fuel.. what the real benefit is im not sure.

#26 ·
nice, something else to spend money on.............when will it end....:hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.