Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ext Race vs Ext Street

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  pistolpete837 
#1 · (Edited)
Wondering what the cons of running in Ext Race as a Daily Driver? Love the ride,feel n and pure F-U it delivers, just not sure of the wear on the tranny

Whadda ya know ?

#2 ·
Im wonderin the same thing, the ex race seems to be harder on my tranny than the ex street but maybe its just the tc lock throwin me off. thanks for the help

#3 ·
subscribed!!!

#5 ·
:bump::bump::bump::bump::dunno:

#6 ·
Run it. You will be fine. Lots of people run it as a daily driver tune. It takes a little getting used to. But you will be good to go

#7 ·
+1 to run it as a DD tune. I do. It's a touch quirky compared to the Xstreet file, but its just the lockup that makes the difference. One thing to note is that if you take off easy and level off at 60mph or so, you have to back out of the throttle and then ease back in to it to get it to drop in to OD. IMHO it's the best DD tune I've ever run. I love rolling in to it at about 45 mph or so and the converter stays locked and it really digs and plants you in the seat!

#8 ·
Thanks Dave - This stuff is additive - Stock for 3 yrs - Then SHAzzzzzam ! - I pluked the money tree clean. Enjoyin the ******* ride

#9 ·
Stock for 3 years wow. Mine was tuned about 15 minutes after I rolled off the dealer lot with it:woot:

#10 ·
So far - running 30 miles each way to work and seem to get +1.5 mpg better then Extr Street - All good on the OD shift

#11 ·
does the extreme tunes give you better mpgs than the canned tunes if you keep your foot out of it?

#13 ·
I just installed Innovatives extreme street and race tunes. Cant wait for it to dry up and see what they will do. I have been running spartans race and street tunes. The race tune shifted too quick for me. The street tune was fine and I loved it but I just wanted to see what IDP was all about.
I too am curious as to the difference in the race and street tunes as a DD.

#14 ·
Whats the acceleration difference in the extreme race and extreme street tune?

#15 ·
i ordered my sct through vivian back in the day and she next day aired it to me. when i picked the truck in the morning from the dealer it was sitting home waiting for me.

that brings back some memories of my truck when it was stockish and ran great :hehe:

#16 ·
Basically extreme street you have about half the throttle to kinda drive normally with great pickup. After you go beyond that half pedal it is like hittin the NOS button... With extreme race, you have about a quarter pedal, it shifts fast and will throw you in the seat. EGTs climb quick when you are in it.

#18 ·
I ran the hot street and just switched to the extreme street. Will run for a few days then switch to extremeRace. i was running the race on the vgt and loved it. I am curious to see how it reacts to the non vgt. I too think I will end up running the extreme race as a daily.. :woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.