Spartan phalanx updates? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
Spartan phalanx updates?

How's the testing going? Any highlights? Problems? Updates on avalibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
How's the testing going? Any highlights? Problems? Updates on avalibility?
Matt was on the dyno all day working on a firmware fix that drewtech sent him and he is just needing the finalized copy of that another day on the dyno and then he should be able to start getting things rolling. I was going to email him tonite and see what all happened over the weekend. If I hear from him, I'll post on here.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I received an email from Spartan saying the cables were in a month or so ago.... Does anybody have any news on the release of the Phalanx for the 6.0?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM

I am interested as all get out in this as well. It will be nice to see a new product out for the 6.0. I think the 6.0 has to be about the most under appreciated engine out. I know I wish more stuff would keep coming out for it but with the 6.4 and now the 6.7 all so close I just don't think it is ever going to be much better than it is now. I hope the Spartan is all it has been cracked up to be. I have been holding my breath not getting my FICM reprogramed waiting for the spartan tuner. Any confirmation on wether it is actually going to reflash the FICM like was speculated?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM

I'd be interested to see the difference between their tuning alone and their tuning with the included FICM tuning. I can see it adding more driveability if you will, but not more power on a dyno chart. There just isn't enough fuel from the stock system to get much higher than the SCT tunes out now...

It would be nice to adjust FICM from inside your truck with the tuner though...

This programmer does tap into the TCM correct?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
From what has been said yes it does tcm tuning and you can mix and match tcm, ficm, and pcm tuning I think is what tex said. Plus a lot better code reading capability and monitoring capabilities
Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
From what has been said yes it does tcm tuning and you can mix and match tcm, ficm, and pcm tuning I think is what tex said. Plus a lot better code reading capability and monitoring capabilities
Monitoring can only read whatever the PCM, ECM or TCM read, so I dont see how that could be "better" (not saying you're wrong, just thinking out loud)

Also how can it read codes any better?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub707 View Post
Also how can it read codes any better?
It can pull codes from the ABS and other functions that SCT and other tuners cannot get to that are not apart of the OBD-II protocal. In other words, Ford(or other company) specific codes. Something that you would otherwise need Autoenginuity or equilivant type of software to get access to. In order to do this it would require a purchase of an addition license(in this case for Ford), which wouldn't be any different then if you were to use Autoenginuity(trust me, I have both, also in order to read diesels up to 2007 with Autoenginuity you have to get the extra license since they aren't technically OBD-II compliant).

That is how it reads codes "better".
Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post
It can pull codes from the ABS and other functions that SCT and other tuners cannot get to
What other functions? This is interesting...
Old 04-21-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub707 View Post
What other functions? This is interesting...
You can access various tranny functions, memory functions(keypad, even seat position) and power sliding door(rear window sliding door that is). It is a crap load, I couldn't even begin to give you a comprehensive list. The only way to do better then the platform that Matt has at this point in time is to go with something like autoenginuity(which can be done, just can't tune PCM/TCM/FICM with it).

I mean you can even disable the selt belt minder with this. There is just no way I can give you a comprehensive list or even paste it in here without it taking up a whole page for just the one post(and I don't think the moderators would like that all that much).

Now not all of those funtions will be applicable to our vehicles, but alot of them would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.