Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT Info

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Lubbockguy1979 
#1 ·
Im looking at getting a SCT programmer for my truck. I am looking at the SF3 and the X3. My question is if i get the SF3 that comes with the 3 tunes from SCT is it custom tuneable? I want the factory tunes for now until i can afford a custom tune. Thanks for the help and if any one knows the best place get one pleae let me know.

#4 ·
Yes the SF3 is custom tuneable!

#5 ·
Eric, at Innovative Diesel is a good place. 410-620-3020 They also have a website.

#12 ·
if you buy just the X3 then no it comes with no tunes... if you buy it from someone like me or innovative it will come with custom tunes...

if you dont want custom tunes (not recommended) you can go wth the SF3 tuner.. .that one can later be upgraded to run custom tunes

here is what i recommend SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning/ Gauge Combo Kit

let me know if you have any questions

-Raul

#14 ·
I was looking at purchasing a used SCT off ebay and having custom tunes put on it. How much will I be looking at for custom tuning and where should go to get the tunes?

#19 ·
I have had injectors done head gaskets done all under warranty,they asked me once before they had done any work if the truck had been chipped,I told them no and they never did ask me about it again......so no I dont think they can tell or at least not at my dealership.

FYI my truck never has had a chip in it so I didnt lie........I have a programer...

#22 ·
Buy computer are if the heads are off looking at the spray pattern from the injector on top of the piston.

#24 ·
With the 7.3 they couldn't tell with the 6.0 most inline tuners the traces can be wiped pretty easily. With the strategy flash tuners they remove all the flash info so I doubt they can tell... Possibly is there was a unusual spray pattern but I believe they are more trying to scare the buyer into not using a tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.