RR or FASS? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RR or FASS?

I'm wanting to add more miles per gallon and some horsepower. Which one should come first? Which gives you the more noticable gain? If one is done, is the other required or even needed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
The regulated return is to stop ans prevent dead heading. The fass is for more fuel and better water/air/ fuel seperation.... Both do different things I more or less think the regulated return is good for even a stock truck and both are needed for bigger injectors as far as mpgs..... Everyone claims increases from airfilters, oil/fuel additives programming etc. Mpg gains are easy to claim since driving styles can be blamed for the lack of it..
Old 04-10-2009, 08:50 AM

I posted this a little while ago, search for it.

Also forget the FASS and get an airdog instead.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog84 View Post
I'm wanting to add more miles per gallon and some horsepower.

These by themselves will not accomplish what your looking for. You'll still be constrained with the other parts of your drivetrain as to rather or not you'll get increased hp/mpg benefits from these mods.

Some may knows this about me, but I put zero stock into anyone claiming mpg benefits from a single mod. There is no way anyone(at this point in time based on what I have heard in the past up to this point) to my satisfaction, can prove that one "item" is responsible for all their supposed mpg improvements when they can't control a good portion of factors that go into mpg calculations(environment, terrain(well you can control this to a degree to help skew your results) etc). Hell even a fresh oil change during your mpg calculation period could skew the results or running it on oil that needs to be changed.

As to forgetting about FASS, until I see what the Airdog II is capable of, I would still get FASS over Airdog, but this is me. Despite the fact that they are pretty similiar overall, as of right now, the FASS has a better package, but I want to wait to see what the AD II is like.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post

As to forgetting about FASS, until I see what the Airdog II is capable of, I would still get FASS over Airdog, but this is me. Despite the fact that they are pretty similiar overall, as of right now, the FASS has a better package, but I want to wait to see what the AD II is like.
Just what I've read and seen on here. There seems to be a lot of failures with the FASS setups, even though I can name a few members off the top of my head who seem to have no issues. There still seems to be a better product to be had with the Airdog. Again, just what I've read here, not personal experience.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Serving Our Country!

If everything else on my trucks fuel sytem is stock and I put a RR on my truck will that matter much? I've seen where guys put lift pumps to feed more fuel so does that mean I would need to do that or would my stock pump work fine with a RR?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:35 PM

Subscribed....thinking of doing the same thing
Old 04-11-2009, 12:55 PM

the older Fass were having some problems. I just put the updated version on my truck about 5,000 miles ago and the thing works great and feeds my 170's very nicely.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog84 View Post
If everything else on my trucks fuel sytem is stock and I put a RR on my truck will that matter much? I've seen where guys put lift pumps to feed more fuel so does that mean I would need to do that or would my stock pump work fine with a RR?
Stock pump will work fine with the RR just so long as you don't decide to go 190 or bigger injectors. Then you'll need to upgrade your pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.