Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what will happen?

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  Lubbockguy1979 
#1 ·
i have a 05 f250 with exhaust and intake and i want to run a programmer edge with att. i plan on getting head studs and my egr delated sometime in the summer but i was wondering if my stock head bolts would go to **** if i were to program it but not run a aggressive tune i was informed that head studs and egr would be needed if i ran a tune that was over 100 horse power gains how true is this and what do you guys think?:dunno:

#2 ·
Edge wont work with an EGR delete. If you want to delete the EGR you need custom tunes

#4 ·
Without a custom tune it would set codes. Yes you could get a gryphon:thumb:

#5 ·
thanks dave also my sis is a ems! so what would you recommend for a programmer that will give me a little boost and get ride of the my speed limiter but wont mess up the gaskets intell i can get the studs and egr deleted? also another questions whats a dp tuner? i see poeple have them but have no idea what it is sorry new to the diesel world

#7 ·
Go with a custom tuned SCT. Or one of PHP's gryphons. When you have the files written tell your tuner you dont have studs and you should be good

#8 ·
so i could go with edge for now and run it on a mild tune and when i get the work done send it away and have PHP make me custom tunes? but still dont answer if getting it programmed would stretch the stock head bolts?

#9 ·
You could do that but its pointless when you can get the custom units for the same money or less than the generic edge

#11 ·
As long as you arent beating your truck like a teenage driver you will be fine:thumb:

#12 ·
Dp is diablo predator. It is good for the 7.3 the edge and gryphoon are not as good of a tuner as the sct for the 6.0. Any tuner can cause problems as it puts more stress on the engine. The egr delete will help I would imagine 90+mph would also yeild high egts. I have been running a 130hp program on stock bolts with out problems and I'm now in the 175hp tunes and no problems... I drive cautious though. I'm aware of the problems and feel I will adress the head bolts either when I upgrade my turbo/injectors or when I start to have hg problems... I will say edge or gryphoon will not tune the tranny and as a result will cause problems. Also the tuning isn't as good as the sct with custom tunes... Search around and look at what most people are running.... Most of the vebdors I've seen that post here sell all kinds of tuners but run the sct on their personal trucks....

#16 ·
Dp is diablo predator. It is good for the 7.3 the edge and gryphoon are not as good of a tuner as the sct for the 6.0. Any tuner can cause problems as it puts more stress on the engine. The egr delete will help I would imagine 90+mph would also yeild high egts. I have been running a 130hp program on stock bolts with out problems and I'm now in the 175hp tunes and no problems... I drive cautious though. I'm aware of the problems and feel I will adress the head bolts either when I upgrade my turbo/injectors or when I start to have hg problems... I will say edge or gryphoon will not tune the tranny and as a result will cause problems. Also the tuning isn't as good as the sct with custom tunes... Search around and look at what most people are running.... Most of the vebdors I've seen that post here sell all kinds of tuners but run the sct on their personal trucks....
The part in bold is incorrect DP is DP Tuner or Jody Tipton.

Also the gryphon does tune the trans. However the edge does not. Bill Cohron the the owner of PHP writes files for both the gryphon and SCT tuners

#18 ·
Is your edge the Juice with attitude or the Evo?

#20 ·
Cant custom tune the juice with attitude. Also the juice DOES NOT tune the transmission. Switching tunes on the fly does not work well with a 6.0

#21 ·
Sorry about the dp part.... Seen that referenced before..... also not totally up on all the gryphoon stuff thanks for the heads up... How does the custom tuned gryphoon compare to sct tuning if you don't mind me asking? Not planning on going that route but I'd at least like to be educated on the topic....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.