Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injector dumped, again

670 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Vizsla 
#1 ·
Well all, I was on my way home from work and on my way to an awards dinner whn I notced some white smoke comming from the exhaust, as i started to get over I noticed it started to turn black and i got caught at the stop light. Started idleling bad and rough and really smoking a mixture of white and black. Light turned green and i went across and exited into a parking lot. No codes and shut her down. Tried to restart and i think it hyperlocked. All this after last month having them all removed and sent back to hypermax and tested. Last time #8 cracked a tip and they the inj had 1000 miles on them. Now with 200 miles, a possible bad inj again. I can't freaking believe this, my luck. So the shop is going to do some testing and figure out what the hek is going on. I was running cales 140 tune and it was running fine. I baby this truck. Fuel psi was regulated to 60psi. Other than a particle clogging the inj, what could it be? Broken tip, lost O ring, body......I am frustrated, mad and stumped? Called hypermax and caught Ron before he left, nice guy and he will do everything to figure it out. I have a filter before the regulator and after. Not sure of the micron ratings. So please let me know your thoughts.......... Is it just dumb a-- bad luck? A note had it in last week and the ats fuel lines that feed the front of the heads were leaking so they replaced them with stock lines, replaced the banjo bolts, removed the valve in them and bored out the fittings to free up the flow in the lines? Could particles got into the injectors? I am so lost please help?

See less See more
#2 ·
200 miles sounds like there might be an installation error. If you do not remove the oil from the injector hold down bolt holes(i.e. with Q-tips), then it is very easy to get the torque off and after a few miles they lift from improper torque and take out the copper and o-rings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.