Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

changing up pipe

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  03f250stroke 
#1 ·
What do you have to do to change the up pipe on the passenger side. Do you have to take out the turbo or can you just change it from under the truck?

#6 ·
I never had to remove my fender liner. I forgot to mention about the downpipe, I always do that even though I have been told you do not need to. Make sure you have some long extentions. Put some anti-seize on your bolt threads so it is easier if you have to remove again. I use superglue to hold the metal gasket to the uppipe.

#4 ·
Are you guys replacing these because they are bad or are you putting in the sneaky pipe? If you used the sneaky did you notice a difference and would you recommend it?

#7 ·
For me it was because my 05 had the up pipe with the scoop welded into it restricting flow... and while I was putting in the unrestricted pipe I put in the metal disc to block off the EGR.

I couldn't really tell if the unrestricted pipe made a difference or not... I thought I noticed a smal improvement, but who knows.

I can't tell if the EGR block off did anything for me either. I've been lucky with my truck, never puked fluid... I just did it as a precaution while I was in there. Had the radiator flushed prior to my last trip pulling the Toy Hauler... they over filled it and still it didn't puke. Temps were mild though... 60-75 degrees. I'm probably jinxing myself. It'll probably puke commuting to work this week.

#5 ·
Try this link - if it does not work, Oxman202 put up a great "How-to" on this forum 11-12-2007 - Worked perfect for me as i installed my Sneaky

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/29171-egr-up-pipe-delete-homemade.html[/URL]

#9 ·
this is going to make more sense when I sober up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.