Cold Air Intakes - Dyno Comparison? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cold Air Intakes - Dyno Comparison?

Haven't been on the boards for a while but it seems there are some new kits on the market and not much proven performance data. I've always wondered why one of the supporting vendors doesn't spend a day on the dyno with all the popular cold air kits and gather some actual facts about what the performance gains actually are for each unit. Just set the truck up like most of us - SCT, exhaust, zoodad and CAI. So, who wants to finally put an end to all the conjecture?

The only dyno sheet I was able to find was for the new Injen/Amsoil filter. Test show factory filter output of 222.99hp/348.11tq and Injen/Amsoil output of 248.19hp/388.79tq to the wheels. I would guess that this is on a bone stock truck otherwise, but the numbers are impressive. What' everyone else got to show?

Last edited by xtremexj; 04-07-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 06:57 AM

You have got to be kidding me - with the multitude of threads on "What cold air intake is the best" nobody but me wants to see some actual results? Come on vendors, somebody step up to the plate and make this happen.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
Where in the dyno numbers did the airfilter make the hp? Impressive numbers? 25hp? I would think a 4" exaust dropping egts is more impressive and a tuner that adds 100+ hp impressive. As the topic has been covered to this point the intake is more needed for 500+ hp applications. I would think if that wasn't the truth then there would be a lot more info out for them. The advertised gains don't give a lot of info I believe because the manufactures of the products don't want the consumer to be more educated as to why they don't need their product. Of course people will continue to buy the cai based on ads and either previous exp with gassers or hearing they do wonders. I think the only benifit on a stock truck is noise....
Old 04-10-2009, 07:48 AM

That is the whole reason someone should actually do the dyno testing. I know lots of people have said that the stock intake is good for 500hp but let's see it on the dyno. I am no stranger to the basic add-ons for our trucks as you can see from my sig, but I am looking for that extra edge just like the next guy without having to spend huge $$$ for turbo, injectors, trans, etc. If someone wants to send my some of the various CAI kits, I'll spend my dime for the dyno sessions.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 AM

I think you would be very disappointed to actually see what $300.00 to $500.00 actually buys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.