Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil Addative

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Ratatattat 
#1 ·
I was checking out some of the videos on this site (POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners) and found where he recommends "PRO LONG" an oil additive, to increase lubrication, he said since it a "super lubricant" it will help the injectors as well as give increased cold start protection. Has anyone used prolong in their truck or any other oil additive and how has it worked. I already run Amsoil and the bypass filter. :dunno:

#2 ·
just stick wit the Amsoil !!!

#3 ·
:agree:

let the oil manufacturers (whomever you use) decide what is best. Don't like what they are doing, then change manufacturers.
There's a saying.... you can put a gold door knob on an outhouse door, but it's still an outhouse. Maybe the same can be applied to additives?

I hear that most dandruff shampoos could technically be an EP additive due to their high zinc content, but I wouldn't put them in any engine of mine.

#5 ·
there is a oil additive called hss Hot shot secret. supposed to help in stictation of the injectors, I have used it and works really well. they also money back gaurantee.

#6 ·
NEVER EVER USE AN OIL ADDITIVE IN POWERSTROKE!!!!!!!!!

You will ruin your injectors

FYI that powerstrokehelp guy is an idiot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.