Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone seen these headbolts??

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Lubbockguy1979 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yea thats what I thought but thought I would post :)

#8 ·
AHHAHAHAHA

A1's are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
Your not taking into consideration the labor involved

#14 ·
save your money and buy head studs when you truly do blow a head gasket. The factory head bolts are not the problem on these trucks, the EGR cooler is the problem. Delete the EGR cooler and that will rid your problem.

FYI
The failure mode for 'failed' head bolts on the 05+ trucks was minimal to non existant. If the head gaskets did fail 9 out of 10 times it was the result of a failed EGR cooler/oil cooler. Warranty claims on the 05+ trucks were lower then the best years of the 7.3L powerstroke. FWIW I am a powertrain/exhaust development and release engineer for several Ford vehicles.

#21 ·
We need to watch this guy,:cool: he spilled the beans as to where he works and is he watching us lol..

#15 ·
Does no one see the sarcasm in my post..... Buying a part that is 1/3 the cost to what has been proven to work... I would rather spend $400 on the studs once. Why chance it? Head bolts don't work as well on these engines.

#16 ·
Well your kinda new so I don't know your personality:dunno: I see the sarcasm now :thumb:

#17 ·
Ok so everyone is FOR these headbolts right :hehe: :hehe:

#19 ·
Quick question, would you guys say its better to wait till a hg pops to do studs or do preventative maintenance and do it before they pop?

#20 ·
preventative maintenance :thumb:

#22 ·
I am a powertrain/exhaust development and release engineer for several Ford vehicles
Exhaust engineer you say... I don;t think to many people would be to happy with the new exhausts on these trucks. Maybe i'd keep that on the down low.

Just busting your chops bud.!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.