Turbo psi questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 02:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo psi questions

I thank I have ask this before, just don't remember. My 550 pulls alot more boost than my 350. Both have the same setups, just basiclly different gearing when comes to running. The 550 will pull around the upper 20's to lower 30's when under a load. While the 350 with simaler load will only pull at most 23 psi. Should I be worried about the f550 cause at times it will reach 32psi and stay there while going through all the gears and may red line when down shifting going up hill at time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have had my 04 F250 at 30psi but that was wot but it doesnt get that high under normal acceleration
Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when my turbo vanes stuck open i could get exactly 22psi max, truck only ran 80% good, couldnt really tell untill i towed my fifthwheel and it couldnt generate enough power to shift into 4th gear, then i knew something was wrong and started to troubleshoot. I normally get about 30psi with vanes working.... stuck vanes might be something to look at in your case. One thing i notice is when they were stuck open and i rev up engine in park it would generate no boost. when the vanes are working and i reve the engine up, the turbo makes some boost, like up to 8psi or so, might try that test on your two trucks and if they dont mactch , then possible stuck vanes.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 PM

If i were you I would definitely have somebody look at it. Its NEVER good to be running that much boost all the time, even when going into lower gears. Definitely have somebody check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.