Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

lope?

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  big_chris 
#1 ·
how can i get my truck to lope like a mofo? would a new cam do the job? or somethin else?

#2 ·
For you a cam is probaly the best bet. If it was a 7.3l you could put a resistor in it!

#4 ·
K just out of curosity why would you want it to lope? I mean I have heard endless turbo whistle, smoke and recently stack threads.... Is there a benifit or is it trying to implicate a large cam in a gas motor?

#9 ·
talk to eric at innovative. mine kind of "lopes" its nothing big but its noticeable. alot of guys are having different tunes sent to them because they dont like it but it seems fine to me. i believe theres even one guy who had quite a few different tunes wrote to try to solve the "lope problem"

#14 ·
the spartan ultra comp came to mind as it idles funny on my truck... Yes..... Spartan used to tune sct's.... do some research and you will see a lot of people that didn't like the irratic idle you are looking for on the top hp tunes... Dependant on your mods you may want to try for a lower hp tune custom written for the desired idle lope.

#18 ·
Just for a reminder these are turbo diesel trucks, not stroked out 454's. Its like when guys with hondas say they want to hear their car vtec and they want to make it louder. hahahaha, but good luck on your search for that Lope!

#19 ·
my buddy has 225 injectors that flow over 300 cc fuel ebcause the flow bench was miscalibrated when he got his inejctors. Trust me that trucks lopes like no other diesel i have ever heard. Its def not as exhagurated as a stroked big block but trust me it is a remarkable difference compared to my truck. You def will not think its a stock truck the way it idles.

I love the way it sounds and wish i could afford half the crap doen to his truck. I talked to eric about it and he says he can write a lopey idle tune but soem truck just lope more than others. Good luck witht he search

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.