Sct tunes. Canned vs Custom - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-2009, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sct tunes. Canned vs Custom

Im taking into consideration of a programmer. And i have a coulpe of questions about the sct canned tunes.
Being that there is pre loaded on there are they just as reliable as the custom tunes and safe for my truck and its tranny. Are the custom tunes even safe and offer great reliability. My #1 concern is better fuel economy. So it wont probably wont ever see the extreme setting. 80% of the time it will be on the "economy mode" and the other 20% on "tow". Which will offer the best fit for me.

New truck
-->2008 F-250SCSB 6.4(Job 1)
-->2.5inch Level kit
-->4 Inch Rear Blocks
-->33in Nitto All Terrain
-->Banks Dpf Back Exhaust
-->S&B Intake
-->DOC/DPF Delete pipe
-->SCT: Running Erics Tow, Street And Extreme street

Old truck
-->2004 6.0 Regular Cab Long Bed(First truck)
-->Bank Intake Ram
-->Mbrp 4Inch catback w/5inch tip!
-->SCT x3 STREET TUNE Tuned by Eric @ ID
-->Cobalt Auto Meter Gauges (Pyro,Boost)
**End in a Rollover**
2004Strokin6.0l is offline  
post #2 of 3 Old 04-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
fordfan30's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft. Knox/Flaherty Ky
Posts: 818
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
custom tunes are safer. they are wrote for your truck with your mods and your goal or driving style. economy tune, what is that? 6.0 get best fuel milage on high hp tunes. its a win win!

06 F250 4x4 ecsb, lowered 2", 6 Autometer Phantom 2 guages, Accufab Elbow, Zoodad, Airaid , Magnaflow 4"dp, 5" pipe 7" short stack, Studs, Egr delete, sneaky pipe, regulated fuel return, 6.4 banjo bolts, Moderate FICM from Innovative, High idle and foglight mods, Bilsteins, Sulastic shackles, DIY Harley headlights and traction bars. 8.76 in the 1/8th
fordfan30 is offline  
post #3 of 3 Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
dukcaln's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NOR CALI
Posts: 1,637
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
canned tunes are good too, I liked the performance canned tune, ran good but there is nothing like the custom tune.

dukcaln is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome