heavy towin upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zachs04250
Post heavy towin upgrades

it been a while so this topic may have been coverd so im not wastin time direct me, anyway i have a laundry list in my head of upgrade i want to get done trans rebuild w red eagle clutches and 5 disc converter have the rear end upgraded to a 4.11 gear and new wheel bearings, turbo is next been lookin around but have no idea what to go with vgt-ss is lookin good but have found cheeper and some kind a highbread ( if someone can inlighten me on that one? ) been lookin on inovative and elite at what they offer but discripions suck. on a side note im living in phoenix,az now and is there a shope around here to have studs dun and possable injectors, dont mind traveling i dont have a lift to pull a crew cab, tx, zach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you do the studs you will also want to do a full EGR delete. You should also do a regulated return and if you have the heads off think about the head coolant lines to help keep the heads cool. (only $150) I got mine from Elite
Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachs04250 View Post
it been a while so this topic may have been coverd so im not wastin time direct me, anyway i have a laundry list in my head of upgrade i want to get done trans rebuild w red eagle clutches and 5 disc converter have the rear end upgraded to a 4.11 gear and new wheel bearings, turbo is next been lookin around but have no idea what to go with vgt-ss is lookin good but have found cheeper and some kind a highbread ( if someone can inlighten me on that one? ) been lookin on inovative and elite at what they offer but discripions suck. on a side note im living in phoenix,az now and is there a shope around here to have studs dun and possable injectors, dont mind traveling i dont have a lift to pull a crew cab, tx, zach
I see in your signature that you jave an Edge tuner. You need to chunk that and get a customed tuned SCT.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If your doing alot of heavy towing I would also suggest the Air Lift rear setup........Just my $0.02
Old 04-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin05Stinker View Post
If your doing alot of heavy towing I would also suggest the Air Lift rear setup........Just my $0.02
i have the firestone air bags on the rear and a 20k curtis 5er slider already, just want reliable upgrades for pulling a 18k plus trailer every weekend
Old 04-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperdutyKing View Post
I see in your signature that you jave an Edge tuner. You need to chunk that and get a customed tuned SCT.
im not looking for crazy tuning or power, i have no beef with the edge have had it for over a year and works great
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
im not looking for crazy tuning or power, i have no beef with the edge have had it for over a year and works great

If your looking at an aftermarket turbo(and depending on size be default looking for a/m injectors) you'll need something that has custom tuning abilities otherwise your truck will drive like crap. Edge won't cut it.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post
If your looking at an aftermarket turbo(and depending on size be default looking for a/m injectors) you'll need something that has custom tuning abilities otherwise your truck will drive like crap. Edge won't cut it.
NOT looking to go crazy and i dont believe i need a tune to run a bigger turbo, if you call a 200 cfm increase a bigger turbo,
Old 04-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
NOT looking to go crazy and i dont believe i need a tune to run a bigger turbo, if you call a 200 cfm increase a bigger turbo,
Yes you will need custom tuning to go with the bigger turbo
Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I don't care if you get the ATS Aurora 3000 turbo(which is a smaller turbo then our stock one), you will still need custom tuning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.