Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gauges Installed In Dash, Lots o' Pics!

17K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  cartmanea 
#1 ·
Well, I finally settled on the ISSPRO EV2 gauges; pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. I installed the pyro gauge in a single gauge pod under the pillar handle. Fuel pressure and boost went in the dash on either side of the steering column. Below are pics and descriptions. I'm really pleased with how the dash gauges turned out, definitely better than I expected.

First off, I used some mesh cable sleeving to make the wiring harnesses all purdy:

Next I installed the sensors, pyro in the driver side manifold:

Boost in my Banks elbow:

Fuel Pressure in the test port of the fuel filter housing. This actually cracked my housing and it now has JB Weld sealing the leak; GOS has pulled this fitting from their shelves now because of this problem, great service though (Thanks Aden!). I have another housing in the mail. I added a 45 degree fitting to keep the harness away from the upper radiator hose.

Here's the single gauge pod and pyro wiring, more sweet sleeving:

Pyro gauge installed. I liked the non-color-coded gauge, its a bit cleaner looking:

Behind the dash bezel... The right side needed a little Dremel action to make room the the gauge to insert, left side there was plenty of room:

I used a 2" hole saw and drilled from the back with the drill in reverse to make it slower and cleaner:

Finished product. The ISSPRO gauges match great and look almost stock. I am very pleased to say the least.

Big thanks to Aden at GOS Performance for the great deal on the gauges and excellent customer service. Also, thanks to Michael at ISSPRO and CSIPSD (both on The Diesel Garage). Feel free to ask any questions about the gauges or the install!

See less See more
#6 ·
I can see the fuel pressure gauge fully, the boost gauge is only covered by the shift lever for the top 1/4" or so. I'm not that concerned with boost, just want it there to diagnose if something is wrong. I was mostly concerned with EGTs and fuel pressure, and keeping my handle :)

#8 ·
this is an awesome idea!!

#9 ·
what size brass fitting did you use for the fuel pressure sender? i was going to get one of the ones from ITP but if i could save 50 bucks that would be great..

#10 ·
Great idea and VERY nice job!!!

#11 ·
The first fitting in the fuel bowl is M12x1.5 to 1/8 NPT, not a common fitting. It also was what caused my filter housing to crack and GOS is currently looking for a better setup. The next fitting is just a 1/8" NPT 45 degree elbow.

#14 ·
so do you think i would be better off spending hte sixty bucks on the one from itp?

#15 ·
looks awesome but im also wondering where you snagged that mesh sleeve. i always use the black plastic stuff to wrap the wire but i like the mesh alot more.....

#17 ·
Nice job...I'm waitin for some Isspro performax gauges myself. Can you help a brother out and explain your tapping method for the pyro? Did you remove manifold or just tap slowly with anti seize? Don't want to mess it up ya know........any suggestions appreciated!

#20 ·
I left the manifold on and drilled and tapped it dry, that way most of the chips fall away. I did the lowest part on the manifold so the chips couldn't fall away inside. Started with a 1/8" bit and went up 1-2 bits at a time until the correct size. Cast produces mostly powder when drilling, so making small size increases makes tiny debris that won't harm the turbo. When I finished I used a magnet, vacuumed, and then used a Q-tip with grease on it to reach inside and get any chunks, but I don't think its really necessary since they will blow on through. Then I installed the probe with never-seize. Good luck!

#21 ·
looks great man

#22 ·
Nice Set Up!! Looks Clean!! I like the idea of saving the grab handle for ease of climbing aboard

#24 ·
perfect, i was thinking about putting my gauges there but saw no space on the left. since you cut i will cut! awesome.

#25 ·
how did you save your grab handle? i bought a glow shift single pod and it won't fit below the handle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.