Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT help here.

664 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wildfingas 
#1 ·
Need some help understanding this programmer. I dont have one yet but will be ordering one soon. I know they come with canned tunes. I am wondering how it works as far as loading them. It must pull and store the stock tune from your truck and install whichever tune you like.

Is it unlimited to how many times you can do this. I always see them selling and people are saying they are locked or 3 unlocks left or what have you.

If you have an issue that would be warranty is there some way they can tell it was flashed or has been flashed like when returning to stock. This is something I would be doing since I am still under warranty which is what brought up the whole locked and unlocked scenario with the tuner.

I curently run the edge and know from my experience with it it sucks. Decent power but the trans suffers and I don't want to toast this thing.

School me please on the operation of this thing

Spanks in advanced boys.

#2 ·
YOu only use your unlocks when you move from one vehicle to another. It VIN-locks. You can change the tune on one vehicle all you want.

Some say the dealer can tell if you've had a tuner on it and others say you can't. I had mine at the dealer the other day and they said nothing. But I'm not sure if they even hooked it up to a computer since they were checking my charging system

#3 ·
what he said^ also spend the extra $ if you have it and get the custom tunes. well worth it. the canned tunes will probably feel pretty close to your edge but at least it will be good for your trans. imo, i would get just the extreme race tune from eric at innovative. thats the only one you will need. best mpg and performance.

#5 ·
Nice short and sweet. Thats pretty much what I needed to know. I see it all the time where there locked and was wondering what the hell it was all about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.