Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Confused about my turbo, help me understand please?

673 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  03ccf350 
#1 ·
Hi,

I know you guys must be tired of my turbo post, but I am unsure if once the VGT on 2004 is disassembled, it requires going into the vehicle's ECM and reprogramming it.

I included a great step by step maintenance that someone hooked me up with. The part I am confused with is the very bottom where it states specific technician procedures after the cleaning. PLEASE HELP if you can.

Thank you

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-06-05.php

#2 ·
i have cleaned mine lots and never done anything special afterwards. i have a early 03 with a stock turbo. the only thing i do is pour a little oil in the hole on top of the turbo before i bolt the oil feed pipe back on.
hope that eases your mind
clarence

#3 ·
Very Cool.

Did you replace the gaskets and o-rings (not sure if I am accurate on this one) whn you did it?

Any chance you have the part #'s for the items I will need to do this?

Thank you very much

#4 ·
well, technically you are supposed to replace the o-ring on the drain tube every time but i didn't. and usually you can re-use the gasket for the feed line. just lube the o-ring good when you put it back on so as not to tear it.
clarence

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.