Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Nitruos Question

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  SamW 
#1 · (Edited)
Nitrous Question

I found a deal on a used nitrous kit. It is a dry kit off of a 96 camaro. What else will I need anything special to make it work on my 2006 6.0? I know I need an elbow. Headstuds, egr delete, and regulated return are going on this week. Thanks

#2 ·
not really as long as you got a bottle soloneid and the nozzles and everything you dont need to put on a new elbow to run the N20 i would start off with a small shot though if you dont have a N20 tune i HIGHLY recommend you get that.( after you get the tune eric will tell you what kind of shot to run) i got a tune on my truck along with a 2 stage 250 shot together eric told me not to do more then a 50 in my 2nd stage and iam doing 100 lol will see how it goes but yeah a tune and those parts what i said above is all you need and you will be good

#3 ·
definatly a nitrous tune. addingnitrous is the same effect as adding a larger turbo by adding more air to completely burn all the fuel. not nessisary but i believe you will get better nitrous performance by adding a fuel pump upgrade like a fass or airdog. im waiting until i put 190s in my truck for the nitrous to make sure that ill have the fuel to get all the power out of the nirtous

#4 ·
Just drill and tap your stock elbow for the jet if you don't want to buy a new elbow. Sounds like these guys have you covered on the rest.

#6 ·
I hate to tap the stock elbow. I guess with all the other going in under the hood it will not matter if the stocker is tapped or not. I am going to talk to Eric about it abd see what he says. IDK, I might give Cale a try!

#7 ·
I've got a stock elbow off my '06 I'll sell cheap if you don't want to drill yours. Don't need it anymore since I got a technicooler.

#11 ·
you wont really get any performance gain from an intake, mabye very slightly cooler egts and i mean like 50 degrees if your luckey. CFM makes an intake elbow that is pre tapped if you want to go for the easiest way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.