Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stock or aftermarket filter??????????????

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  npccpartsman 
#1 ·
I have an 03 6.0l. I have heard that the stock filter flows tons of air. Right now I have an AFE stage II dry filter. It's coming off because I drive bush roads everday now and I heard many people have dusted engines because of aftermarket filters. The reason why I wanted to go with an aftermarket filter is so I can clean it every couple of weeks.
S&B claims there filters filter better than the OEM. I have a hard time believing that but I just wanted peoples opinions.

#2 ·
The stock air filter will hold approx. 3lbs of crap before it plugs, is MORE than adequate for a stock turbo and since it's manufactured by Donaldson I seriously doubt that there's any way S&B can filter any better than that.

#3 ·
I hear you but I know that a stock air filter still passes some dirt in really dusty conditions like I drive.
I just wanted to go with the aftermarket filter so i could clean my filter ever couple of weeks. I don't like the idea of checking my air filter and putting it back on with three pounds of dust in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.